The Saturday 7

1. We had a crazy day of celebration on Sunday. We celebrated Mother's Day, Lucy's birthday, my brother Luke's birthday (the 13th), the dedication of my niece and nephew (like baby baptism, but without the baptism part - lol), and another other nephew and niece-in-law moving to Indiana for nursing school! It was a great day of food, laughter, and a card game that I actually won for once! For Mother's Day, Justin and the kids brought me breakfast in bed (donuts - the best kind of breakfast), and sweet gifts like this one:


2. Lucy asked for clothes for her birthday and my mom delivered. Oy vey. Of course, there had to be a fashion show the next day. And Lena is loathe to be left out. You'll notice so much about my kids' personalities in the following pictures . . .







Lol. Oh Lena . . .

3. Levi's new favorite thing is spraying the hose into a dirt patch by our deck and driving his cars through it. It's somewhat anxiety inducing for me, but I know it's so good for him, so I just keep reminding myself that everything will wash.


4. Has anyone else felt like it's been a rough week on facebook? I'm soooooo sick of debates and people being heartless and cruel. My extended family has kind of been a hot mess all over facebook. So many feelings are being hurt, and nobody's minds are being changed. At the same time, I've been really impressed by some of my friends who are willing to share their unpopular beliefs unapologetically, and part of me wishes I was brave enough to do the same. Can we please just go back to facebook being pictures of cute babies and funny [nonpolitical] memes?

5. Bathroom update! We got the shower surround in, the plumbing almost finished, the electrical started, and the flooring ordered! And by we, I mean Justin, his dad, and our generous friends with valuable skills. Although I did help pick out the flooring. 😁 (I'm struggling for topics today. Can you tell?)

6. That's it. On to pictures.
Our friend Aubrey came over and brought her portable balance beam. We had quite the gymnastics/dance show! 

Flexible much?

Sneaky math during summer break (via Yahtzee!)

We were at the library last week and Levi spotted this book from across the room. He ran to it and grabbed it, shouting, "Lucy will love this book!" He thrust it upon her (and she very kindly accepted it with faux enthusiasm). None of us have any idea why Levi thought Lucy would enjoy this book, but it cracked us all up!
I derive way too much enjoyment out of making fun of people on the Sparta communications site. Just to my sisters and you guys, of course. Never to the people on facebook. #avoidconflictatallcosts 




How about this lovely faceswap to end today's post?! 😂

Comments