The Sunday 6

 I don't have much to share this week. 

1. We spent almost every day at the pool. I didn't take any pictures. 🤷 

2. Justin had Friday off so we went up to Luke's lake to fish off his pontoon boat and swim. Nova and Ruby came with us. Everyone loved fishing. Nova and Lena were the only ones to actually catch fish. 










I swam in the lake too, but nobody took my picture. When we swam under the pontoon boat, Levi said, "This water looks like Mt. Dew!" 😂

3. On Friday night, we went to downtown K.C. for fireworks. Levi was in his glories running around, talking to people he knew, and petting every dog in a one mile radius. 




Levi actually enjoyed the fireworks this year, and didn't even wear his headphones once they got started!

3. Last night, Justin set up the tent in the backyard so he and the kids could have a campout. Lucy was not interested. Lena came in around 11:00 because people were setting off fireworks close by and she was too nervous. Levi and Justin lasted all night. I slept in my comfortable bed in the air conditioned house. 


4. I've been trying to cut back on our insane grocery spending, which of course is exacerbated by summer break:

I went grocery shopping yesterday, bought all my kids' "approved" foods and a plethora of snacks, then gave them this warning: "I am not going back to the store again until Saturday. This is what you have for the next 7 days. Eat it wisely or you'll be snacking on carrots and saltines by Friday." So far the girls are rationing their goods and Levi is not. Stay tuned.

5. Soccer camp is 8 days away and I've been flexing my amateur graphic design skills making signs and newsletters and even this fancy schmancy billboard that went up this week:
Excuse me while I go add "billboard designer" to my resume . . .

We've had a ton of interest in Soccer Camp and we're actually getting close to maxing out our registration! It's going to be a crazy week, and it makes me grateful to be on the "planning team," and not one of the adults responsible for a team of 18 kids! 😂😳

6. That's all I've got. Enjoy these memes and have a great week.


Lena to a T!

Comments