The Saturday 7

This week sure felt like summer!

1. We spent Memorial Day at Niki's as usual. My belly was back to normal after my issues last Saturday, so I ate lots of meatballs and mac n' cheese and cookies. It was hot and sunny, and the pool was warmed up to 85*, so the kids swam for six straight hours. I lost at two card games, swam a little myself, and enjoyed spending time with everyone. But I actually only took a couple pictures:


2. It was the kids' last week of school, and I felt the press of being a working mom, which is new for me. I went into work at Once Upon early on Wednesday so I could leave early enough to make it to the "End of the Year Talent Chapel." Lena's class played a few songs on their recorders and Levi's class sang. Thursday was my last day working in the library. My last class gets out at 2:10, but Levi's class was having a little "Awards Ceremony" at 2:00. Fortunately, our last name is at the end of the alphabet. I busted out of my class as soon as it was done and made it down the hall to his classroom before his name even got called. #nailedit


Levi's Class

3. On Friday, they had a half day for their last day. We took our last day pictures quickly in the morning. I love to see how much they grow over 9 months. Lucy definitely changed the most this year!



This lady has the patience of a saint. Lol

BFFs




Lena loved having Mrs. Wheeler. She's also a saint. She had a huge class this year, but handled them with grace!


To celebrate the end of the year, we brought one of Lucy's friends home with us, picked up Nash on our way, and hit up McDonald's before officially starting summer at the pool.


4. It's been freakishly hot all week - temps in the 90s, which is unheard of for this time of year. Last week we were still having freeze warnings overnight, and then this week we've been having "air quality action" days and fire warnings because it's been so hot and dry. Crazy Michigan. At least we made it through a lot of May without having to run our heat or AC. Gotta love those kind of days! 

5. Levi had his last soccer game today. It was already 85* at 11:00 this morning, so he thought he was going to die, but he made it! Haha. Afterward, we joined Justin's parents and Jesse at their friend's cottage on the lake. It's so peaceful and beautiful. The kids had a blast playing in the water, Justin got to do a bunch of fishing, and I got fried. 

The fishermen

The fisherkids. They put bread crumbs in the water, then swoop up the fish that come to eat it.

Lena ended up catching 5 fish!



Fishing with poles . . . where they spent most of their time tangled up in each other's lines. Haha

6. That's it for this week. Enjoy these pics and memes . . .




Brilliant.

Seriously!!


I've probably shared this before, but it's so me. Lol


Comments