The Saturday 7

1. Last Saturday, after writing my Saturday 7, I sat down to play with Levi. For some reason I stuck my finger in his mouth and suddenly felt something sharp. I immediately pried his mouth open to peer at his gums, and sure enough, there's a tooth poking through! Bottom middle. I was shocked! The girls didn't get teeth until the week before their first birthdays. I've never thought he's teething, never imagined he'd get a tooth so [comparatively] early!
Can you see it? Lol. It's there, I promise! It's totally visible in person. I just can't capture a picture of it. He's the most compliant tooth-shower-offer I've ever known, though. He loves opening his mouth and letting me take pics. Haha.
2. Lucy only had two days of school this week. On Wednesday, Justin took the girls on a "Daddy-Daughter Date" so that I could hardcore purge their bedrooms. Lena is a pack rat to the nth degree and Lucy insists on saving every piece of paper she's ever scribbled on. But neither of them ever notices if I get rid of things. So I spent hours going through every box, bin, shelf, and drawer in their rooms. I filled a huge trash bag with random pieces of games, old papers, dollar store trinkets, and dirty kleenexes. Then I filled another box with things to donate. Finally, I cleaned and reorganized everything. From start to finish, it took me 6 hours. But their rooms look amazing, and hopefully there will be space for Christmas presents now!

3. Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent it with my family at Niki's mansion. We ate tons of food, shared what we're thankful for (and recorded it on index cards to look back on in 10 years!), and played cards. The girls had a blast playing, Levi had a blast eating new foods. He hardly nursed all day because he was so full of pumpkin pie and rolls and ham.
Pumpkin pie with Grandma
Thanksgiving craft time
Big, happy family!
4. For the first time in 15+ years, we did not go Black Friday shopping!! We got everything we wanted online, so we didn't even need to go out in the cold with the crazy people! It was kind of sad to miss out on our tradition, but it was also kind of nice to just go home and sleep. Haha. I'm 95% done with my shopping already! Kind of sad it's over. I love hunting for deals and finding fun gifts.

5. Today, I worked at the family store. My sisters and I man the store one day a year while the owners (our cousins) have their family day. We get paid in store credit, and I spent it all on stocking stuffers and Christmas presents. I actually had to pay $10 on top of my store credit. Plus the $10 I spent on lunch. Lol. Not a very profitable day. But a fun one! Love my sisters.

6. And now, what you've all been waiting for . . . my thoughts on the Gilmore Girls revival! It premiered yesterday. I originally stayed up 'til midnight to watch the first episode, but then I realized it was premiering at midnight Pacific time instead of Eastern, and I'm not that devoted of a fan. So I started it in the morning with my breakfast and coffee (it only seemed right).

I wasn't sure if I wanted to savor all 4 episodes or devour them. But I don't know who I was kidding. I devoured them. I watched them all (6 hours worth!) yesterday. And for the most part, I loved it. I loved that they jumped right back in to their rapport without missing a beat. It felt natural and seamless . . . not like it had been 10 years since they were last together! I was amazed by how many of the old actors came back (and how much better so many of them look in modern clothes and hairstyles!). The nostalgia game was strong - and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing, so this is not going to be a very critical review. I will say that I was disappointed in some of the story lines. And I felt like they dragged out a lot of the scenes to fill the promised 90 minute episodes.  As for the ending . . . I predicted it in broad strokes, but not exactly as it worked out. At first, I hated it. But the more I thought about it, the more I decided it was perfect and I love it. But I still want more. I always want more!

7. Pictures of the week:



Apparently I only took pictures of Levi this week! Lol.

Comments