The Saturday 7

1. We made it to March! Spring is coming! Winter is almost over! (One can dream.) We had a busy last week of February. Levi's birthday was Wednesday . . . ish. We choose to celebrate on the 28th. I'm not going to explain this every year. Haha. We met up with some friends that morning to go to the children's museum. I drove since my vehicle fits everyone. I hate driving downtown, and Christina had to help me park, but we survived and the kids had a blast.

Lena on the rock wall
Levi in his happy place


Big bubbles

The iconic yellow car
That night we celebrated with pizza and presents. I didn't make him a cake because he's two and doesn't care and I'd end up eating it all myself. Lol.
He had a lot of help opening his presents. 
2. I splurged and bought myself some very expensive foundation this week. Every where I go lately people ask me if I'm tired or if I just woke up or if I'm ok. I finally told the last person, "I'm not tired. This is just what I look like now."

So apparently I need to start wearing make-up. I ordered it online and haven't gotten it in the mail yet. Stay tuned . . .

3. I only read one book this week (The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz - really good), but that brings my total to 20 for the year. If I can keep up with 10 books a month, I'll reach my goal in no time!

4. My homeschool curriculum came in the mail this week! It's a little bit overwhelming. Haha. I think the MFW stuff will be doable. It's Lucy's math and language arts I'm a tad nervous about. But I've got 6 months to figure it out. We can do this!!

5. My first step toward homeschool preparation is organization, of course. My fave. We have a catch-all closet that I clean about twice a year. In my defense, it's not heated, so it's horribly cold all winter. It's gotten especially out of control this year. It's supposed to house wrapping supplies, craft supplies, dress up clothes, and games. But this is what it looked like:

I spent allllll day working on it, and it ended up like this:
Pinterest hack #1: games in a sweater hanger

Pinterest hack #2: over the door shoe holder cut out to hold wrapping paper

This is my life now. I post pictures of my organized closet because I'm so desperate for appreciation. Lol.

6. And then today, the pinnacle of organization: an Ikea trip!! I was planning on waiting until sometime this summer when I had a better idea of what I'd need to organize, but Justin was itching to go to Bass Pro Shops during their spring rod and reel trade-in event (in store only), so we decided to head over to the East Side this weekend. And since we feel bad about foisting our kids off on my parents so often, we decided to make a family day of it!

We borrowed portable DVD players from my sister for the 2.5 hour drive. Best. Invention. Ever. The kids did so awesome. We actually turned Levi forward facing for the first time in his life for the trip today, so he enjoyed the double whammy of the new view and a DVD screen 6 inches from his face. Lol.

In order to cram everything in one day, I actually dropped Justin and the kids off at the mall, then headed to Ikea all by myself! He did his Bass Pro shopping then took them to Legoland.


Look at his little arm through the Lego girl's! I can't imagine where he learned to pose like that . . .

I had a bit of a nightmare getting myself from the mall to Ikea. It's a 45 minute drive that I assumed would be a straight shot down the highway. I was woefully misinformed. I wound through a couple residential areas and switched between 3 different highways. I'm such a nervous driver as it is. My anxiety was definitely in overdrive (ha - pun) by the time I got to Ikea! But it was so worth it. I spent 2.5 glorious hours looking at everything and managed to haul 2 boxes of heavy shelf parts into my cart then into my trunk. #girlpower Now the real fun of putting them all together can begin!!

7. A couple more pictures
This is a bad picture, but I got my hair chopped yesterday. Probably a good 6 inches. My rule is when it takes 3 ponytail holders to contain a messy bun, it's time for the ole chop-chop. 
We had a couple 50 degree days this week!
It's amazing how many fun things you find when you clean out the game closet!
I turned around in the car on Sunday and found Lena like this. Justin and I could not stop laughing. 

Comments