The Saturday 7

1. First of all, thank you to everyone who reached out after my depressing post last week. So many people sent facebook messages, took me out for ice cream, invited me over for playdates, and prayed for me. God used all of you to minister to me this week.

2. We had a crazy busy week. Lucy's science fair project was due on Wednesday and the procrastination genes are strong in this family, so we were scrambling to get it finished Tuesday night. And then of course we've been preparing for Lucy's Birthday Extravaganza this weekend!

3. I'm a big fan of birthdays and that seems to have trickled down to my children. Haha. We had a three-part birthday event in honor of Lucy turning 8. Her actual birthday was yesterday. She picked donuts as her birthday treat (girl after my own heart), and then it worked out that it was Grandparents' Day at school, so she got to be doted on by her grandparents and ride home with my parents. After school, when Justin got home, she opened her presents.

She chose Steak N' Shake for her birthday dinner. It was packed, they were short-staffed, our food took forever, Levi was a disaster, and Lucy puked up everything she ate while we were still sitting at the booth. Good times!

4. After dinner we moved on to the main event . . .
Before . . .

Still semi-smiling after the first one. Haha. 
I forgot to get a picture of the pierced ears, but Lucy is in love with them. She was sending snapchats to my sisters afterward and Niki asked her if it hurt. Lucy replied, "Yes, but it's so worth it." And later, she told us, "I feel so much older with my ears pierced." Lol. She even let me put her hair back in a bun today to show off her ears.

5. And then today was the big birthday party. Since it's Lucy's last year at school for a while, I decided to let her have a friend party. When I asked Lucy what kind of party she wanted she said "Well since I'm getting my ears pierced, let's plan the whole thing around that and have a Jewelry Party!" Alrighty then!

We had a "Decorate Your Own Cupcake" station.
String of pearls

Blurry pic of our bracelet decorating station

Necklace station (Lucy picked out all the tableware. I did my best not to cringe. Lol.)
We had 10 girls over (including my 2) and they had a blast screaming and giggling and making jewelry.




This pinata was a total bust (not in the good way). It broke after two hits!

The gang. (Lena missed the pic.)

Lifelong BFFs

The girls were obsessed with the hammock and made me very nervous!!
Levi and the girls playing Duck, Duck, Goose
Everyone had a great time . . . and no one was seriously injured in a hammock fall.

6. I'm trying to watch the Office while watching this, so I'm having a hard time paying attention. Let's just get to the pictures. Haha.
The trees are starting to sprout leaves!

Bad mom moment. I didn't realize Levi's new shoes were giving him blisters! Oops!

Country boy, country life.


Making popsicle stick bracelets. 


Apparently I only took pictures of Levi this week. Lol. Sorry!

Comments