The Saturday 7

1. Last Sunday we went to Justin's grandparents' retirement home to swim in their pool. I wasn't going to actually swim because thighs/cellulite/belly flab/mombod but it was so hot in the pool area that I decided to put my swimsuit on. And then when I stepped in the water, I was shocked by how warm it was. It must have been 85 degrees. It was amazing. The kids were in their glories, and Levi was totally fearless. Before Justin and I even changed into our swimsuits, Levi was marching down the stairs into the pool. And then when I was holding him in the water he kept pushing my hands away because he wanted to swim by himself. Haha. Finally, I situated him so I had my hands under his armpits and he just took off "swimming", paddling his hands and kicking his feet like a natural. I definitely need to get that kid in swimming lessons.



Can you tell Justin's been working outside lately? Lol.

2. Diet update: It's not going super great. I officially started on May 14, so it's been almost 2 full weeks and I've lost 2 stinking pounds. All those vegetables and no Dr Pepper and only 2 pounds to show for it?? I'm not sure it's worth it. I tried a couple more new vegetable recipes this week. I attempted to make spaghetti squash carbonara, but apparently I bought a butternut squash instead of a spaghetti squash (#noob) because it did NOT look like spaghetti. It looked like mush:
I ate like 5 bites then scraped the rest into the trash.
I also made chicken salad with greek yogurt and ate it wrapped in lettuce. It was messy. Last night, though, I made bell pepper nachos and they were actually pretty good!
I probably included too much cheese to be truly healthy, but it's a step in the right direction.
Only 8 pounds to go, then I can give up! Lol

3. Is anyone else overwhelmed by the end of the school year madness? I feel like there's so much I need to remember. Tomorrow is an open house for a friend who just graduated from college, I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday (because apparently I have to be assessed every 6 months in order to have my depression meds refilled), I have Bible Study Wednesday morning and then Awards Day at school in the afternoon, Thursday is Lena's last day/graduation ceremony, Friday is Lucy's last day, I need to remember to do end of the year teacher gifts, Thursday night is my nephew Tayton's graduation, Friday night is Justin's nephew Jevin's graduation and small group with our friends, Sunday Lucy got invited to a birthday party so I need to remember to get a gift for that, the next week is Art Camp at school, that Saturday is Jevin's open house and Sunday is Tayton's open house. Whoa. I'm tired just thinking about it.

4. Poor Lena came down with some kind of nasty illness this week. I am so over the spring sicknesses. Aren't we supposed to be healthy now that we're partaking of so much fresh air and sunshine?? Anyway, Lena's been fighting a cough and runny nose for a while, but I figured it was just allergies. On Tuesday night, though, she woke up in the middle of the night with a scary croupy-type cough and her cough started getting worse throughout Wednesday. By Friday she was beside herself with a sore throat that I figured was from her cough, but she also had a low-grade fever and then I peeked in her mouth and noticed nasty sores all over the back of her tongue. Of course we couldn't get into our doctor's office for an appointment, so Lena, Levi, and I hustled off to Urgent Care for a strep culture. We actually had a pretty good experience and didn't have to wait too long. The doctor said Lena's lungs sound clear and the strep culture came back negative, so it's something viral and she just has to get over it on her own. Poor kid. Yesterday was rough . . .
Sleeping in my bed at 2:00 in the afternoon
But today she's been coughing less and her fever is gone, so hopefully she's on the upswing. And hopefully the rest of us can avoid catching it . . .

5. On Thursday we had our first real taste of summer with temps in the 80s and soaked it up all day.
I'm going to miss my days alone with him when the girls are done with school.

Selfies with mom

First popsicles of the summer
Hammock snuggles

Not a great pic of Lena, but I was playing with the settings on my phone and came across this "automatic face corrector" thing. Check out my flawless skin! Lol


That night I was having a bad attitude about my diet and didn't want to eat any more vegetables, so we went to the Garden Patch for dinner. Afterward we went across the street to the park and noticed the splash pad was open. We didn't have swimsuits, but I always keep extra clothes for the kids in my car, so I let them play in their clothes.


Levi spent most of his time getting close to the water then turning and running away. Haha.


6. We're off to a party, so no time for more. Instead, enjoy a few more pictures:
I hate my huge front teeth, but they sure come in handy for eating stupid carrots!

Ice cream after the pool at Great Grandpa and Grandma's

Photographic evidence that Lucy DOES know how to use a vacuum! (With a little supervision from Grandpa.)

This tub full of water and a bunch of Barbies/accessories kept Lena entertained for an hour

This is how Lucy reacts to gnat bites. Yuck.

Comments