The Saturday 7

1. Justin worked out of town Monday through Thursday this week and I was thankful for my increased dosage of medication. Lol. I definitely think it's helping, because I didn't feel out of control at all this week. And I even noticed that I've been more productive around the house. I haven't noticed any side effects except a little bit of nausea that is probably just my body adjusting. So while I'm not thrilled by being on such a high dose, apparently it's what I need to function as a responsible adult. And I'm grateful to have it . . . Especially because Justin just found out this job is going to last longer than the 2 weeks he was originally told. At least through June he'll stay on the other side of the state Monday through Thursday, and come home Friday through Sunday. It comes with a dollar an hour raise for the duration of the job, so it's worth it. It's just going to be interesting for all of us for a while! Thank goodness for Zoloft and my parents!

2. Another indication that my meds must be working is the fact that Levi did not take a nap one day this week and I didn't go totally crazy. Last week he missed his nap 4 days in a row due to the last week of school craziness, and I'm afraid he got a little too used to it. Every day this week I put him down for a nap at his regular time and he just played with his cars and talked to himself and jumped in his bed for an hour. He never once fell asleep . . . until Friday. He woke up at 6:15 am for some reason (he's usually up between 7:30 and 8) and then crashed from 1:00-4:00! He missed his nap today and will again tomorrow due to more busyness, so we'll see about next week . . . He is too young to give up his nap. I don't care that some people drop their kids' naps at 2. My kids have to nap until they're at least 3. It's non-negotiable. Haha.

3. I think I forgot to mention that we got a trampoline! My sister's kids have outgrown hers and she wanted it out of her yard, so she generously let us take it! Justin and I disassembled it a couple weeks ago (thanks, YouTube for the tips and tricks!), then Justin put it all back together at home. The kids love it and spend hours playing on it - both with and without the sprinkler underneath. At first, Levi was really hesitant and nervous, but he's gotten much more confident and is even getting better at holding his balance when the girls jump around him. It's got to be so good for his coordination. Lena is already doing flips and spins and split jumps. And Lucy loves to coordinate everyone and say, "Ok guys, now we're going to do this . . ." I've jumped on it a few times with them and realized how old I am. Haha. It hurts my legs and back so much! Oy.
We had some friends over on Thursday to enjoy the sprinkler/trampoline combo.

4. This coming week is going to be Healthy Eating Boot Camp at our house and it is going to be brutal. I'm dreading it with every fiber of my being, but it has to be done. Lucy literally only eats the following foods: mac n' cheese, hot dogs, pizza, pizza lunchables, McDonald's chicken nuggets, fries, frozen waffles, pancakes (with syrup), chips, Goldfish, popcorn, and candy. I'm not exaggerating. She will eat a banana if I force her to, but won't touch any other fruit, and the only "vegetable" she'll eat is pickles. This week we're going to focus on just eating some normal people food: spaghetti, turkey sandwiches, pb&j!, chicken quesadillas, cheeseburgers, etc. And I'm going to crack down on the snacking. No bagfuls of goldfish or piles of tortilla chips. I'm going to make fruit dip and try my hand at homemade fruit leather and energy bites. I know none of that is incredibly healthy (sugar sugar yadda yadda), but it's the gateway to healthier foods. Plus I'm going to prohibit snacks if meals aren't eaten (or at least tried). I fully predict total starvation for a day or two. Lucy would rather not eat at all than try something she doesn't like. Which is why it's going to be awful. She is going to be hangry. Lena and Levi won't be thrilled, but I don't expect nearly as much resistance from them. Feel free to pray for me!

5. Speaking of diets, I was down 7 pounds at one point this week, but I gained some of that back. Today I'm only down 5.4. And this weekend is going to be rough. Yesterday we got ice cream to celebrate Justin being home after 4 days away. Then we went to his parents for pizza. I actually brought a salad to eat instead of pizza (who am I??) and I turned away Dr Pepper in favor of water (as a conscious choice, not any of this nonsense about Dr Pepper being too sugary now that I've been off it for so long - I would guzzle it in a heartbeat again if I didn't think it'd sabotage my weight loss). Today I helped prep for my nephew's open house all morning. My mom and sisters got Trini's (Mexican food) for lunch, but I brought my own spinach and turkey wrap and carrots. This afternoon was Justin's nephew's open house. I had just eaten lunch so I wasn't hungry, but I couldn't resist cheesy potatoes and soft pretzels with cheese, so I just had a little bit. Tomorrow, however, is Tayton's open house with Yesterdog chili dogs. I can't resist that either. I'm going early in the morning to help and if I know my sister there will be Tom's donuts for everyone who comes to help. Nobody can resist Tom's. And this is why I hate dieting. I hate always having to bring my own food and saying no to so many of the things I love. I just want to eat what I want and have the body that I want! Is that too much to ask??!!


6. Tonight, Lena and I went on a date since she filled her marble jar. The rule is that we can spend $20 on whatever she wants - be it food, an activity, or shopping. Lena chose Taco Bell, Once Upon a Child, and Justice. She got a shirt, a craft kit, fake nails, and a diary. What more does a 5 year old girl need? Haha. She is a major chatterbox and I'm pretty sure she didn't stop talking the whole time we were out - even if the car. And if I don't respond immediately, she says it again . . . and again . . . and again . . . or she says, "Ok? Ok, Mommy? Did you hear me?" And then she started counting to a million . . . Lol. I love our one on one time together, even if it does leave me craving silence.
Don't mind the cheesy roll up she has squirreled away in her cheek . . .
 7. Pictures!
Lucy went to a birthday party at a park on Sunday afternoon. We'd never been to that park before, but Lucy insisted the birthday girl said it was a water park, so she brought her swimsuit. Apparently the birthday girl meant there is water at the park. But it worked out well because all three girls went swimming - swimsuits or not!


Haircut!

McDonald's picnic at the park.

A friend recommended that I read this book about healthy womanhood and this was the dedication on the first page. I sent said friend this picture and said, "I don't know if I can take a book seriously if its author dedicates it to her ovaries." Lol. 

Ice cream!

And slushies, because Lucy doesn't even like ice cream!

Splash pad fun 

Lena wanted to do these rings so badly but was so scared. It took everything in her to work up the courage and then she could only do one or two before falling, but by the end of the night, she crossed 7 of them!! 

Open house prep

A sign on a gas pump in Kent City that makes me wonder if its writer is a native English speaker . . .

Comments

  1. Holy cow, good timing upping the meds! Having your husband out of town all week has to be rough. Way to go, you!

    Oy, good luck getting Lucy to eat... something. Reminds me of Orion. I go through phases of caring and not...

    ...same with dieting. It's the worst. I just want to eat food... *sob* You are doing so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and totally appreciate the dieting memes!
    Great to hear I'm not the only one keeping it together with McDonald's happy meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the help of a man called Dr.Ogbodo I was able to get pregnant. I'm 56years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Ogbodo whose email address is ( Miraclebabiesworld@gmail.com ) or you reach him direct on his cell phone number +2347050270227 he told me he is going to send me a Herbs for me to drink, and will fall pregnant a week after drinking the Herbs I'm 8months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address at ( Miraclebabiesworld@gmail.com ) or call him on his cell phone number +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment