Unique Baby Shower Games

Have you ever searched Pinterest for a Baby Shower game? They all promise the same thing: either "games that are actually fun" or "new games you've never played before!" And they're always the same: measure mom's belly with yarn, find the safety pins in the rice, "what's in your purse?", mom walks around with a tray of baby items that you're supposed to memorize (and then you're quizzed on what mom was wearing instead of the tray items!), the Price is Right, or the melted chocolate in the diaper game.

Well, I've played a lot of baby shower games in my life and when it comes down to throwing one myself, I'm always on the lookout for something truly different - which usually means I make it up myself. In the spirit of generosity, I'm going to share them today. So if by chance you stumble upon this on Pinterest, you can have a few new ideas to add to your repertoire.


Name that Name
My sister still didn't have the baby's name picked out at her shower, so I gave her some helpful suggestions - and made the guests figure them out based on clues. These are all boy names because my sister is having a boy. They're all nouns/verbs/adjectives. Some are kind of trendy names, but some are more traditional.

Google Drive Link (in the google doc. I replaced my sister's name in number 9 with "mom-to-be")
Link with Answers

Name that Disney Baby
Guests get one point for naming the movie the picture is from and one point for correctly identifying the baby. (I plugged my computer into the TV with this image so I didn't have to print off all these pictures and everyone could see them at once.)
Google Drive Link with Answers

Guess the Children's Book
This one is nothing earth shattering, but I made it with books that were special to my siblings and me growing up.

Google Drive Link (answers are on page 2)

*Note: some of the formatting is messed up in Google Drive, but if you open it in Google Docs, the formatting is much better *

**Second Note: I'm throwing another baby shower in November, so stay tuned to see what else I come up with!**

Comments