The Saturday 7

1. This week I sorted every room in my house, pulling stuff out for the garage sale. Then I sorted everything into piles. Then I priced every stinkin' thing. And I went to work three nights. And I kept my kids alive and mostly fed. And I iced my back. I did not, however, clean my house or do laundry. Ain't nobody got time for that. At one point, Levi was begging me to play with him and I reminded him that he was the one who wanted to have this garage sale and it was a lot of work. He responded with exasperation, "Well I thought we'd take some breaks at least!" 😂

2. On Tuesday we did take a break for another cousin fun day at Deer Tracks Junction. I intended to stay for a couple hours, then get home to get to work, but the kids were having so much fun that I had to drag them out of there after 5 hours! At least we got our money's worth. 

A few cute prairie dogs





One minute after this picture I noticed a sign that said "No standing on spring animals." Haha. Oops.

Birds. (See that splash of tie-dye through the window between Nash and Nova? That's Lena. She hates the birds. Lol.)

Levi, on the other hand, could have stayed in there all day.

Goat selfie

The piglets are my favorite.

This is Lena saying, "They're so cuuuute!"

And Thea trying to ride one. 


Afterward, we hit the pool to cool down.


New swimsuit. (Thanks, Once Upon!)

3. On Thursday we finally had the long awaited garage sale. My wonderful parents came for the whole thing, so they could help me with math and talking to people. So many old people show up to garage sales to chat. And that is not my forte. Haha. 


Levi fulfilled a lifelong dream of having a lemonade stand, even if neighbor-girl-Kylee did most of the work. They made like $10, then spent it all when the ice cream truck went down the street on the end of day one. 😂

Backbend break (don't miss Nash in the shade on the right 😂)

It was a lot of work, and it really hurt my back, but I made about what I make in two weeks of working at Once Upon (15 hours a week), and got rid of a ton of junk so I guess it was worth it. A few hours after we started setting up on Thursday, our neighbors across the street starting putting stuff out too. My dad went over to talk to them and discovered that they weren't planning on having a sale, but decided to throw one together when they saw us doing one. Not really sure how they managed that, but Levi was excited to go shopping there and came home with this treasure:


4. Tonight, Justin's parents took us out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Which reminded me that I needed to share these pictures from our wedding 18 years ago. I had to take pictures of pictures in my scrapbook because we're so old we got married before digital photography. Lol. 
I was sitting on a stool. I'm not actually that much shorter than all my friends. 

This one is my favorite though. Some of you will know some of these guys, and appreciate their hairstyles. 😂😂😂

5. Ok, it's late and I have nothing else but a couple of memes:



Feels accurate. Especially in my family. 

I have been trying to teach this to Justin for years!

Comments