The Saturday 7

I didn't post last weekend because I didn't feel like I had anything to say . . . which also rings true this week, so I'll see what I can come up with . . .

1. In good news, I feel like I'm settling into my new work schedule, and the work/life balance has been a little more bearable. Although I did only make dinner once this week . . . maybe once soccer is over, I'll put in more of an effort. That's another month at least - and birthday month, at that. So I'm off the hook. 😜

2. Let's see. What else have you missed? We've enjoyed a few fun fall events, like the school carnival and Apple Fest in town. 

Half dalmation, half cat

Lena with a new look-alike friend





3. I'm never one to get excited about fall, but I do love our small town's fall events. It makes me feel like I'm living in Stars Hollow (from Gilmore Girls for you uneducated few). One thing my kids look forward to every year is the hay bale decorating contest (you might be a redneck if . . .). They're lined up in front of businesses in town, and we pass a good chunk of them on our way to and from school every day, so we love watching the progress as they're decorated. There were some good ones this year! These were our favorites:







4. We celebrated Nash's 5th birthday with a pinata and swimming in Niki's (heated) pool.



We'll be celebrating this little guy's first birthday soon!

5. Levi did not have any caffeine at the party, and no more sugar than usual, but he absolutely could not sleep that night. 

He ended up laying on my floor listening to his audiobook and asking me when it would be morning for two solid hours. At 1:00 Justin got up with him again and laid on his floor until he finally fell asleep at 3:00! The next morning, Levi came bounding up the stairs at 7:00 as usual. Who is this kid, and why doesn't he need sleep??? One of my facebook friends posted something about her son not sleeping during the full moon, so I looked up the moon cycle - not even close. Levi's just special.

6. I'll be 38 in 17 days and I'm really feeling my age. At Once Upon this week a song came on that I hadn't heard in years. I was just thinking, "This makes me think of high school" when the kid next to me said, "What is this music? I've never heard this song in my life!" 🤦 Then tonight, Levi randomly said, "What would we do without the Internet?" I said, "We'd survive. I didn't have the Internet when I was a kid." His eyes got as big as saucers and he exclaimed, "What did you do all day?!" Lol. 

7. Pics and memes:
Cutie-pie Stella

Justin teaching Nash and Levi how to be real Christian men who stack chairs

At a pool party today

Levi was there too, I just didn't take his picture apparently. 

And now to the memes. I have a bunch since I've been collecting them for two weeks!
Tis the season! Every morning the kids are crying that they're cold, so I crank the heat. Then we get in the car after school and they freak out on me asking why the heat is on. 🙄


Think this would deter a bear? 🤔

My stomach has actually been a bit better lately! At first, I thought it was because I stopped taking the supplements and prescription pills that were supposed to be helping. But then I realized it started to feel better right around the time I upped the dosage of my depression/anxiety meds . . .

😁🐬



Seriously though . . .

This picture elicits an emotional reaction





Comments