The Saturday 7

1. We didn't have school on Monday, but we didn't take a road trip for the eclipse, choosing instead to enjoy the 94% coverage we got here. We couldn't have asked for better weather. I don't think there was a cloud in the sky most of the day. But 94% coverage was a bit anti-climactic. Haha. We had glasses from the library so we were able to look at it, but the kids were expecting it to get much darker and more dramatic. Haha. Maybe in 20 years I'll take my grandkids on a road trip to the totality zone.



I made Lucy come outside for a while to be a part of history. She was unimpressed with the eclipse, but enjoyed playing with Lainey.

Don't worry. I made sure Lainey enjoyed the historic moment as well. She was thrilled, as you can see.

Redneck baby shade


Safety first! 

She slept through most of the eclipse, but I greatly enjoyed the snuggles.

Honestly I was kind of glad when it was over.

2. I know y'all have been dying to know the results of my March Madness bracket challenge. Well wait no more!

None of us predicted the winner, but Tayton took home for the win for getting closest. Look who came in second, though! Lucky little sports aficionado. 

3. Justin and I try to do a one on one date with our kids for their birthdays each year. He takes the girls, I take Levi. But we're both the worst about doing it in a timely fashion. Levi and I finally went out today (his birthday was on February 29). He chose McDonald's for lunch, then we decided to try out Pinball Land for the first time. I was impressed that it was only $9 a person for an hour of play time. And no one monitors when your hour is up. Haha. There was one worker - a teenage kid playing on his phone at the front door. We only stayed for like an hour and 15 minutes, so maybe eventually he would've kicked us out, but I didn't see anyone else getting the boot the whole time we were there. Neither Levi nor I really understand pinball, but we had fun trying. And Levi loved the motorcycle and car games. 




We couldn't resist the Pump House right down the road, so we made a quick pit stop for some fro-yo. 



But I think Levi's favorite part of the date was just walking around by the river. Wish I would've known that before I spent big money on McDonald's, Pinball, and Fro-Yo! Haha. It was a beautiful day and we didn't have any other plans, so I let him explore to his heart's content. It was really hard for me. Everything in me was screaming, "Ok, we've walked enough. We've thrown enough sticks in the river. Let's go home." Why do I feel that way? I made myself just enjoy spending time with him and letting him explore. As we were driving home an hour and a half later, he said, "This was the best day ever. Thank you so much, Mommy!" Wow. My very own hallmark moment. 🥰




4. I've got nothing else. Sorry. Enjoy these pics and memes.
Stink-eye



Our Friday night plans got cancelled, so I spent the evening snuggled under my blanket putting together this puzzle like the old lady I am.

Such a good puzzle helper.

This made me literally laugh out loud.

Brilliant!

Comments