The Saturday 7

1. It's that time of year where I have to write everything down because my brain is filled to capacity. As the school year winds down, my calendar fills up. Arise (our Wednesday night church ministry) is almost done for the year, so I have a lot of "end of year" events to work on. At the same time, we're ramping up our planning for this summer's Soccer Camp, so I'm starting to have more meetings for that and more subsequent responsibilities to fulfill my role on the team. Then of course there are my kids' end of year school projects. Lena needs a certain book from the library, Levi needs supplies for a diorama, Lucy needs a formal dress for Celebravo. There are end-of-year field trips to attend. Spring soccer just started, so Levi has practices and games to keep track of. I have to get a birthday present for Thea, think about Lucy's birthday in May, remember to pick Lena up from Girls on the Run practices, do my reading for my Thursday night Bible study, thaw the meat for dinner, read a million books to find one that will entertain 5th grade boys, etc., etc., etc. I know all working moms everywhere feel like this in the Spring, but my brain is buzzing just thinking about it. Haha.

2. Soccer season is going to be fun this year because Levi, Nash, and Nova are all playing. None of them is on the same team, and Nash is in a different age division, but a lot of their games overlap with each other so they're playing at the same time. Today was the first game for all three of them . . . and when I woke up this morning, it was snowing. 🤦 So we didn't go to Nash's 9:00 game, but Levi and Nova were playing at the same time on fields right next to each other, so we watched both of them at once. By then the sun was peeking out and it had warmed up to the low 40s! Perfect soccer weather. 🙄 Here's hoping that was the coldest game of the season!

We'll be sure to get a picture with Nash before the end of the year, but I wanted to be sure to document this day in their layers and hats!

3. This afternoon we had a bit of excitement at our house. In the past month we've been lenient about letting Stella out in the backyard. She loves it and does not appreciate her privilege of being a pampered indoor cat. Anyway, today she was out in the backyard while the rest of us were inside. We left the slider open so she could come back in when she wanted to. I was working on something on my computer when I saw her run inside out of the corner of my eye. She ran down the stairs as I asked Justin to shut the slider door. Just as he shut the door though, he started yelling and all kinds of commotion came from the dining room/kitchen. Finally, I realized that Stella had brought a mourning dove inside and set it down on the landing just as Justin shut the door. The poor bird went flying through our house trying to get out the recently closed slider. It eventually ended up in the sink where Justin was able to catch it. 

He tossed it back outside (it flew away, so it wasn't too mortally wounded) and then he cleaned up the feathers that were allll over our house. Lol. Never a dull moment!

The fierce and mighty hunter

4. I was really going to try to come up with 6 real points this week, but it turns out that all I do is work, clean, make stuff for people on Canva, and scroll through facebook/Instagram. I didn't even read this week. The good news is all that scrolling means more memes for you! (Like seriously. A lot. I think I forgot to share last week's batch.)





Funnily enough, my inner rage at the grocery store does not extend to being mean to waitstaff. 

Niki was just making fun of me about this. Lol. It's so true, though. 




Another reason I conceal my rage at the grocery store

More like Panic at the Disco . . . or Going to Hell in a Handbasket . . .


Not even kidding. This is genius.

I still know cirrus, cumulus, and cumulonimbus. Add that to "list of things I previously excelled at that led to a career in retail."

I have to pay big bucks for the artificial kind now. (5 whole dollars a month!)


Guilty.

It's about that season!



See also: cloud types

Another useless piece of knowledge my brain has never forgotten.

At least I'm not the only one!
 



It's where I really shine.

Yes, this. But also beauty routines. Am I supposed to be dermaplaning? Is everyone secretly laughing at my peach-fuzz-sideburns like they did about my huge eyebrows? I can't keep up. 

Again - not even kidding. I am a delight.

Comments