The Saturday 7

Gonna have to make this quick. We're hosting small group in an hour.

1. Justin had the week off. He got so much done. You will all be pleased to know our antenna is now on the roof! Woohoo! (Although, technically it's not connected to the TV yet. He has to drill some more holes. Haha.) He also put up all the Christmas lights outside, which I love! We're so festive. :-)

2. We got our Christmas tree on Wednesday. I always have these expectations of picking out the tree as a happy family, singing carols with huge smiles plastered on our faces. It's inevitably less picture perfect. Justin wants a tall skinny tree, I want a short fat one. I don't want to pay more than $20. He wants a more expensive one. Lucy is cold and grumpy and clingy. Haha. We got it home to decorate and Lucy was completely enamored with the red and green stones I put in my vases. She wanted nothing to do with hanging ornaments on the tree. Maybe next year. :-)

3. When my brother comes home from Florida for Christmas, I'm going to make him help me put all the videos I've taken of Lucy onto DVDs. She and I watched a whole bunch of them one day this week and she was totally riveted. I seriously think she would watch them for hours!

4. We had a birthday party for Jesus today with Lucy's friends. :-) It was so much fun! I'm going to write a whole entry on it later this week. Hopefully with pictures!

5. My back has absolutely been killing me all week. At first I just thought I tweaked a muscle or something, but it's not getting any better. I'm going to try to go to the chiropractor next week. It better not be my stinkin' kidneys. It kind of feels like the time that I dislodged a rib. The chiropractor popped that puppy back in and I was feeling better the next day!

6. I saw this on Pinterest the other day and spent like 10 minutes trying to figure it out. It is so frustrating! Haha. Will someone please explain it to me??


7. In reading Acts, I suddenly have so many questions about the Holy Spirit. I've read Acts plenty of times before, and have been a Christian all my life, so I don't understand why this is such a new thing to me, but it led me to ask for the book Forgotten God for Christmas. (Sorry, my Internet is being too slow to link it.) It's by Francis Chan, and I don't have the best track record with enjoying his books, but I do respect him as a Christian and an author, so hopefully I'll get some of my questions answered! Has anyone read it?

Comments

  1. Haha, yay, your antenna is on your roof!!

    We got our tree today and O couldn't figure out how to put the ornaments on the tree... he thought they were balls and wanted to throw them around. We compromised by him bringing me the ornaments for me to hang up. Oh, and we didn't bother bringing him with us to pick it out... we figure next year will actually be fun for him :P

    I don't understand that math!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only issue with the math question is... Who, in God's name, buy's a shirt for $97!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are tricking you into thinking that you should add the dollar in your pocket. You should actually subtract it because you are going from 100 down to 97. The last part should say 98-1 because your tracking back to the cost of the shirt. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun with y'all yesterday, thanks so much for inviting us!! I wish you guys didn't live so far away so I could do this kind of thing with you more often!!

    I got Forgotten God when it first came out and have yet to read it... maybe if you do get it for Christmas we can read it at the same time and compare notes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment