The Saturday 7

I can't believe I forgot to do one of these last week! Yes, it was Christmas Eve, but we didn't have plans until evening. I pretty much just sat around my house all day. Can't believe blogging never crossed my mind. So sorry to all my devoted fans! I guess this week will be a recap of the past 2 weeks.

1. Christmas was so fun with Lucy this year. She loved opening presents - at least for the first hour or so. I had to open her last few presents for her. She also loved all the treats. She ate so much candy. Haha. And we discovered her love of pickle wraps! So weird! On Christmas Eve at my parents' house, we had tables and counters full of snacks, but all she wanted was the pickle wraps. Crazy kid.

2. The day after Christmas, we unloaded everything and made room for all Lucy's new toys. Our house looks like a toy store. Haha. She got a lot of big stuff - a kitchen from us, a medical trolley from Chase and Lyla, and a nursery for her babies from my parents - I've never seen one before, but Lucy loves it. It's a crib with a sink on one side and a high chair on the other. She also got a baby stroller from Aunt Libby. Her babies are set. Haha. She loves all her new toys, though. It's so cute to watch her play pretend.

Oh, and if our living room looks like a toy store, then Lucy's closet now looks like Baby Gap. Lol. I had to clear out half her old clothes to make room for all the new clothes from Aunt Niki. She seriously wore a new outfit every day this week thanks to Aunt Niki. The fact that Niki never had any girls really works to our advantage. ;-)

3. Here's the weekly health update: all day on Christmas Eve Lucy had awful diarrhea. I was so frustrated with this never ending sickness. But we just took it easy with food that day and she was all better by Christmas day. Whew!

However, last night I realized I'm definitely coming down with a cold. I woke up this morning all stuffed up and my sinuses just ache. Ugh. This is ridiculous! Summer needs to come back.

4. My brother Luke came home from Florida for Christmas. It was so great to see him. I'm so sad that Lucy doesn't really know him. But they got to know each other real well over the past week. They spent lots of time together on Christmas day and now anytime Lucy hears me say anything about Luke, she runs over to the picture of him on our wall and points to him. So glad she finally knows who he is. Now we just need to get him to move home, so she doesn't forget again in a couple weeks . . .

5. Justin and I finished the 5th and final season of Friday Night Lights last night. That show was so underrated. We loved it and I'm sad to see it go. Next up in our Netflix queue: the most recent season of 30 Rock. We have to watch the whole season before the new one starts. I didn't think that show was coming back - so glad it is! And then White Collar starts in a couple weeks! Although, that's on cable, so I'm going to have to DVR it at work to watch during naptime or something. Haha. I'm a TV junkie.

6. I only worked one day this week, and yet my house is completely trashed. I really need to work on time management. You'd think having dial up Internet would discourage me from spending so much time on the computer. No such luck. Haha.

7. Well it's the last day of 2011. We had a pretty tame year. No new jobs or babies or moves. It will be interesting to see what next year holds. We'll be ringing in the new year with our small group tonight. I'm so excited to see the newest addition - Paul and Missy's baby boy, Jackson! And Lucy's spending the night at my parents', so we can stay out as late as we want and sleep in tomorrow morning! Woohoo!

Ok, I seriously spent an hour trying to think up 7 points. So I really need to get off the computer now. Happy New Year, everyone!!

Comments

  1. Brooklyn knows my brother and our parents SO well despite living across the country from them. Skype is a wonderful thing and we talk about them a lot of course:). The grandparents she sees a lot, but my brother we only see 2 or 3 times a year, and she talks about him a lot. She will remember Luke!:)
    Maybe it's because I grew up living hours from any relatives and across the country (sometimes an ocean) away from my extended family growing up, but it's a concept tht seems normal to me - though I did really have a hard time going away to college when my brother was still in high school:(. Now it just seems normal to live so far away...which is maybe a little sad, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm glad you had such a fun Christmas! We have a house full of toys and snotty noses too :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment