The Friday 7

You're getting this special edition of the Saturday 7 a day early because tomorrow is going to be Lena's 1 Month Update - and I'm going to be gone most of the day and won't have time to write 2 blog entries! Enjoy.

1. Lucy has been on nap strike all week. I really hope it's just a phase and she's not giving up her nap!! I am not ready for that! Haha.

2. I've been trying to drink more water lately. I think breastfeeding sucks all my hydration. I've always had dry skin, but now I have it in new places - for instance, my back is completely scaly and itchy. I thought it was some kind of rash at first, but have concluded it's just dry skin. Yesterday I drank 23 oz. of water, and it was very difficult for me. I hate it!

3. I finished seasons 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey. Now I need to get my hands on 3. Anyone care to share? Although I'm not sure I want to get into it as outraged as everyone seemed to be over the finale! (No spoilers, please. I know someone dies, but I don't know who!)

4. I came across a recipe for "lactation cookies" this week. They're cookies that are supposed to boost your milk supply. Two of the main ingredients are oatmeal and flax. Incidentally, those are two of the main ingredients in those no-bake energy bites I was eating tons of when Lena was first born! No wonder I was having such over-production issues! Lol.

5. Lena's best friend was born this week. One of my best friends, Kelly, and I were pregnant at the same time. She was due exactly 4 weeks after me, and her baby was born on her due date as well, so our girls are exactly 4 weeks apart! Oddly enough, she has an older daughter who's 5 weeks older than Lucy as well. Lucy and Presley are best friends, and Lena and Harper will be best friends. I love it so much!
Harper was 6 lbs, 2 oz. and I'm sure Lena is at least 9 lbs by now. Amazing how quickly my perception can change! Lena looks so huge!!

6-7. Ok, here's the big news. I saved it for last and am giving it two points because it's going to be long! We are moving in with my parents . . . in one week. Oh boy. We've been planning on it for a long time. We asked them just before Christmas, but planned on putting our house up for sale after Lena was born and I had time to recover a little bit. We were just starting to think about getting it ready to list, when my sister texted me that her sister-in-law was looking for a place to rent. It was all very tentative - they had put an offer in on a house and weren't sure they wanted to rent from us, so I didn't worry about it too much. Then yesterday, Niki texted me that their offer was not accepted and they need to move pronto - as in, one week. I have to pack up this entire house in one week. I am so overwhelmed!! We're not going to fit everything we own in my parents' house, so I have to sort stuff to take with us, stuff to put in storage, stuff to sell, stuff to throw away, etc. I worked on it for 2 hours today and got one closet and the bathroom done. Ugh.

And I'm feeling a little bit emotional about leaving our house. It's absolutely a financial necessity. We've been underwater since my nanny job ended. I wasn't making enough watching kids in my home, and don't have any skills that would allow me to get a job that would pay enough to put 2 kids in daycare. So to my parents' house we go! It's definitely a blow to our ego. We've been married for 7 years and can't get our act together. But more than anything, I'm sad about leaving the house that Lucy has grown up in, and sad that Lena will never remember it. I tell myself it's no big deal - it's just a house. My girls will love growing up with their grandparents, it will be fun for me to raise them in my childhood home, and we'll definitely enjoy that pool all summer! I think it's just because it's so sudden. I'm panicking a little bit!

So prayers would be appreciated that I can get this house packed and that we'll have a smooth transition! You can pray for my emotional stability too. ;-)

Comments

  1. Wow!! Well good luck with your move- I hope everything goes smoothly and it's not too stressful. I know how you feel... we lived in our own place for the first six months of marriage and have been living with my in-laws for the last FIVE YEARS. It's easy to get discouraged, but your kids will LOVE being with their grandparents all the time (and the other way around). There are a LOT of up-sides to living with the parents. Anyway, good luck, and just try to go with the flow. It's going to be ok :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment