The Sunday 7

So sorry for the delay. I spent yesterday holding a cranky baby and feeling too lazy to think up 7 things to write about. So here you have it a day late.

1. We had a very busy week. I'm pretty sure I had something written on my calendar every day. I think I'm busier as a stay-at-home mom than I was when I was working! On Tuesday, I got an oil change, hung out at Niki's for a while, and we had a visit from Violet (the little girl I used to babysit) and her mom, Erin. Erin made the most adorable matching hats for Lucy and Lena. I've gotten so many compliments on them. Really need to work on getting a picture of them together. I'm glad people who have skills make stuff for my girls. They'd be out of luck otherwise. Haha.

2. We also got to visit with Justin's sister, Kaley, a couple days this week. She lives in Chicago and came up to meet Lena for the first time.
She and Justin's other sister, Stacey, brought Lucy and I pizza for lunch on Wednesday. It was so greasy and delicious. Lucy and I both enjoyed it immensely. :-)

3. I "threw out my back" on Tuesday. I put it in quotes because I'm not sure it was really that severe. I was feeling much better by Thursday, but for a couple days there I was in agony. I went to the chiropractor on Thursday. I've only been to a chiropractor once in my life - when I dislodged a rib carrying Lyla 3 years ago. I went to a new chiro this time. The whole experience kind of cracks me up. I went in with a sore back expecting a one-time adjustment and near-immediate relief. I came out with homework to assess my goals for my body and future chiropractic care - along with an appointment to come back the next day. He took x-rays, declared my spine curved and a vertebrate out of line, told me the vertebrate in question is connected to my kidneys, scolded me for drinking too much pop, and has me coming back three times a week to get all back in line. Sounds good to me! (Thank you, insurance!) But I'm not giving up my pop. ;-)

4. For the first time this week, Lucy started showing a few signs of jealousy. She missed her nap on Tuesday and was already melting down. Justin had to work late, I was trying to make dinner and juggle a fussy Lena, and Lucy stood at my feet crying, "Put Baby Sister down and hold me!" Not my favorite parenting day so far. She's been fine since then, though. Poor Lena gets smothered in Lucy kisses about 1500 times a day. And Lucy says, "Her soooo cute" at least that many times a day. She loves her so much.

5. We celebrated Valentine's Day this year by having Velveeta Shells n' Cheese and sparkling grape juice for dinner. We did that one year for Valentine's Day before we were married when we were poor college students. We're still poor, so the tradition has stuck. Lucy loved the Shells n' Cheese, and Lena screamed throughout the entire meal. Haha.

6. On Friday, we got our taxes done and got a bigger refund than we've ever gotten before. Thank you, Lord!! Niki was watching the girls, so I went back there to pick them up, and when we were ready to leave my van wouldn't start! The battery light has been going on and off for a couple days, but I figured it was just a fuse problem since it doesn't stay on consistently. Niki and I tried to jump it to no avail (mostly Niki - I just kind of stood there saying, "Are you sure you know what you're doing? This makes me very nervous!"). Eventually, we just pushed the van off to the side of the driveway, and I unloaded the girls back into the house and called the tow truck to come get it. He didn't make it there until 4:00, so the shop didn't have a chance to look at it before closing at 5. Hopefully it's nothing too major. I have big plans for that tax refund, and car repairs was not on the list!

7. I've really been getting into Downton Abbey. I'm on season 2 now, and loving it. Although then the dilemma arises every afternoon while the girls are sleeping: watch my show or nap with them? I've really been missing sleeping through the night lately. I am just exhausted all the time. It doesn't help that I have another stupid cold. Between feeding Lena and being up coughing last night, I don't think I got more than a couple hours of sleep. Ugh. I don't remember being so tired with Lucy, but with her, I slept every time she did and we usually didn't get out of bed 'til 11:00 every morning. No such luck this time around!

So sorry to all my faithful readers who have been waiting with bated breath for this entry. I hope it meets all your expectations. :-)

Comments

  1. Haha, you and your pop. I swear I think of you every time I drink Dr. Pepper :P

    Velveeta Shells & Cheese is what Nathan and I had for our first meal as a married couple! Haha! Also what my roomies and I ate for lunch every Saturday during college.

    I loooove tax season. We got a huge refund this year too :D Sorry about your van! I hope it's not expensive to fix!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment