Lena: 15 Months

My little Lena Bean is 15 months old and it's time for an update. 

Mostly I want to record all of the words she knows. I'm pretty sure Lucy was saying about 3 words when she was 15 months old. Here's Lena's list:

1. Hi
2. Bye
3. No (her favorite and most frequented)
4. Uh-oh
5. Wow
6. Whoa
7. Up please (uppee! - complete with little jumps until I comply)
8.Thank you/there you go - they sound the same and I'm never sure which one she's actually saying. Haha.
9. Mama
10. Lola (usually yelled in a scolding tone. Lola!)
11. All done/all gone - again, they sound the same
12. Fish (goldfish)
13. Dada
14. Amen
15. Eye
16. Ow/down
17. Hot
18. Brrr (cold)
19. Please
20. Baby

She does sheep, cat, and car noises. She loves to growl but doesn't associate it with a certain animal yet. Haha. 

She pats her belly to indicate "me too" or "take me with you." If I ever tell her we're going outside or going bye-bye, she starts nodding her head and patting her belly. I love it.

She loves tooting and thinks it's so hilarious. Sometimes she squeezes them out then looks back at me grinning to make sure I noticed. Lol.

She covers one ear when she hears a loud noise. She probably thinks that's what you're supposed to do when you hear a loud noise because she sees it modeled by her older sister. So far, though, she's not nearly as anxious as Lucy. Fingers crossed that one of my children didn't inherit that from me!

She loves the stairs and has figured out how to speed up them when I'm not looking. She's getting better at going down, but has had her share of falls. She's so a second child. I'll hear her on the stairs while I'm busy doing something and think, "I should probably go get her. Meh. She'll figure it out." 

She's been kind of sickly. She has colds all the time. But she does great with having her nose wiped. She has this funny quirk where she always sneezes twice. (Which she gets from Justin who does the same thing.) The second sneeze is always gross and she'll point to the kleenex box until I wipe her nose.

She adores being outside and gets so mad when anyone goes out without her. 

She will not read books with me. She just wiggles and throws the book aside and refuses to look at the pages. 

She loves to eat. She will eat pretty much anything pretty much anytime. Haha. Her favorites include bananas, strawberries, grapes, peaches, pears, mac n' cheese, cheese roll ups, chicken nuggets, pizza, peas, carrots, beans, peanut butter and jelly, lunchmeat, anything sweet, anything bread-like, and those squeezie fruit/veggie things. 

She's still very much a mama's girl and loves to be held. She's a major snuggler. If ever she's sad or gets hurt, she'll lay her head down on my shoulder until she feels better. And at bedtime, I sit in the rocker with her, hand her a lovey and she lays right down on me while we sing. Love it.

She's finally a good sleeper. She takes two 2 hour naps a day and goes right down to sleep at bedtime (7:30). She wakes up freakishly early no matter when she goes to bed at night. My rule is she's not allowed to get up until 6. If she's up before that, I put her in the pack n' play in my room so she doesn't wake up Lucy and make her go back to sleep. Sometimes she fusses for a few minutes and goes back to sleep, sometimes she stands in bed crying until I get her. More often than not, though, she wakes up right around 6:15 for the day. *yawn* 

She's still a tiny midget. She has a doctor appointment in the middle of May. I'll be really interested to see how much she's grown and where she falls on the growth chart. She wears mostly 12 month clothes. And she still wears size 2 diapers. Haha. 

She still only has 2 teeth - which came in just before her 1st birthday! I don't know what's taking the rest of them so long! She has 4 white bumps on the top that seem like they're going to poke through any day, but have been there for weeks!

Ok this is long and poorly written so I'll wrap it up! We love our Lena SO much. She's so silly and has the best cheesy grin. She brings so much joy and laughter to our lives and we can't imagine life without her!




Comments

  1. "I should probably go get her. Meh. She'll figure it out." Hahaha I do this too. Poor kids. What will it be like if/when we have a third??

    Ellie talked way earlier than Abby too, is really goofy, loves being outside... Must be a second-born thing. Watch out though - Ellie is such a troublemaker, always getting into things and starting wrestling fights with her sister. Keeps me on my toes constantly!

    Love watching these girls grow up and their personalities develop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute!! So much of this reminds me of my Desy Doodle... second children?! I think it's cool and probably kind of weird that I love and feel like I know your kids even though I've never met them. We've gotta fix that. ����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment