Sunday, April 2, 2017

The "Saturday" 7

I apologize for my tardiness. I was gone all day yesterday and am just now getting around to it.

1. I made two new meals this week that actually turned out well! I'm a terrible cook, so this is a big deal. The first was Garlic Chicken Stir Fry. I couldn't find sesame oil at the store, so I just used a little bit of peanut sauce that I found in our fridge. It was delicious! But it cracks me up that the blogger who shared the original recipe describes it as her go-to easy week night meal. For me, easy means frozen pizza, not chopping 4 different vegetables and standing over the stove to saute them. #lazy

The second was Slow Cooker Angel Pork Chops. Pork chops were buy one get one free a couple weeks ago, so I've been looking for new recipes. This one fit the bill. They were creamy and delicious! (And truly easy!)

2. I finally fully weaned Levi this week. I'd only been nursing him once in the morning, but I decided it was time to be totally done. I nursed him for the last time on Sunday and tried not to think about the finality of it so I wouldn't get emotional. Haha. Monday morning was rough. He was mad. I got him out of bed and started to walk out of my bedroom (where he sleeps), but he kept taking his binky out of his mouth and pointing backward at my bed (where I usually nurse him). He was a wreck most of the morning and I was feeling pretty guilty. But it got easier as the week went on. And it was amazingly painless for me. I never felt so much as a twinge! Win!

3. In other Levi news, he has finally started "cruising" around the furniture. He still won't pull up on anything, but if I prop him next to the couch or the toybox, he'll walk around it. Progress! We have an appointment with Early On on April 13, and he probably won't even need it by then . . .

4. Lena had her second round of preschool testing on Thursday. This was her "social readiness" test and always the one I'm more nervous about. My kids can handle the academic stuff. But they tend to struggle with interacting with people. (The apple does not fall far from the tree . . .) Lena actually did much better than Lucy. She marched right into the classroom without batting an eyelash and loved all the structured activities. We got the letter on Friday that she officially passed all the testing and has been accepted into the preschool program. Woohoo!! Now to figure out how to pay for it . . .

5. This weekend was my much awaited Girls' Weekend with friends. Justin and I are in an awesome small group (that consists mostly of our high school friends and their spouses), and the girls are my best friends. We're all in the same stage of life, which is awesome for our relationships, but rough for planning a weekend away. For the past seven years, at least one of us has been pregnant or breastfeeding. This year, I finished breastfeeding 3 months before Kris's next baby is due, so we knew that was our window. We decided to spend one night in Traverse City enjoying food, shopping, and laughing until our guts hurt. It was such a great time. We saw Beauty and the Beast Friday night, stayed up 'til 1 am at the hotel talking, then spent all day Saturday shopping and eating downtown. We're all cheap, so the majority of our purchases took place in used bookstores. Haha. My kind of shopping! Hopefully next time we can go longer than one night, but right now, I'll take what I can get. It was such a great weekend and I am so incredibly grateful for this group of godly women in my life!!

6. Of course the day I left with my friends Levi came down with another fever and was miserable all day. I don't know if this is related to the sickness he just got over or if it's something new, but it's pretty similar. Fever, lethargy, no appetite. He's either laying on me listlessly or he's flailing and crying and can't be consoled. I felt awful leaving him, but knew Justin could handle it. Of course he slept all night for Justin despite being sick. But last night, when I was home, he woke up at 4:30, 5:15, 6:00, and 6:45.

I finally took him to Urgent Care this afternoon because I was worried about his ears and didn't want to wait for a doctor's appointment later this week. It was such a fiasco. I got there at 4:40. The receptionist told me the wait was over an hour, but they have a service that would text me when my appointment time was close, so I didn't have to wait in the waiting room. We wandered Target for a while and Levi did really well. I got my reminder text at 5:29, telling me my approximate appointment time was 5:49, so we headed back. A nurse took us back relatively quickly to get his vitals. She took his temperature rectally because he was under 20 lbs. Seriously? I did not know that was necessary. He's never had to have that at any doctor's appointment. He was not a fan. Haha. Then she sent us back out to the waiting room. We finally got put in a room at 6:09 and the nurse said the doctor would be in shortly. So we waited. And waited. And waited. Levi ate two squeezies and a baggie of apple jacks. I changed him into his pajamas. We paced and sang and watched funny dog videos on YouTube. Finally he just cried. And cried. And cried. After 50 solid minutes, I peeked my head out the door. We were way in the back and no one was around. Finally a nurse walked by and I asked if the doctor would see us soon. She went to check and came back a few minutes later apologizing profusely. I didn't really understand her terminology, but I got the impression that no one knew we were waiting. Soooo frustrating! The doctor came in 5 minutes after that. She listened to Levi's lungs (he also has a hacking cough, but his lungs sounded good), peeked in his ears, and said "Yep, they're both infected. I'll write him a prescription."

I asked her to send the prescription to Wal-Greens because my usual pharmacy closes early on Sundays. I had looked up Wal-Greens' hours and saw they didn't close 'til 10. So imagine my surprise and dismay when we finally got to Wal-Greens and the pharmacy was closed. Wal-Greens is a pharmacy! I didn't realize the pharmacy section of their store closed earlier than the rest of the store! I almost cried I was so mad. So after allllll that waiting, I couldn't even get Levi's prescription. Which means we both have another sleepless night ahead of us. And I'll have to make a special trip down to Alpine to pick up his meds tomorrow!

7. Major bonus points if you read all that ridiculous rambling. I don't have many pictures from this week for some reason. Mostly just memes . . .
I sent this to my siblings and nephews one day this week. I don't mind sharing, until I want to watch Hawaii 5-0 and too many people are using my account! Lol.
On the beach at our hotel. 
At Urgent Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It