The Saturday 7

1. I've seriously been craving chocolate lately.  On Monday, I had my chocolatey fiber bar as a snack like usual. Then after dinner, I decided I needed to run to Meijer for a box of Magnum ice cream. While I was there, I got a Ferrero Rocher to eat in the car on the way home! Lol. Out of control. [And nooooo, I'm not pregnant! The opposite problem, actually, is contributing to my cravings!]

2. Who wants to go see "The Help" with me? It opens on August 10. I want to be able to say in that snooty way, "Oh, the book was so much better than the movie."

3. Both of my sisters and my mom were all helping out at Bair Lake Bible Camp all week. It was brutal without them! I did text Niki a little bit, but it was weird not seeing them and talking to them all the time like I usually do! I stayed pretty busy during the week, though. Monday night was the Bachelorette finale (alone in my house - that was sad. I usually watch it with Niki.), Tuesday night Justin and I watched White Collar all night, Wednesday night was Bible study, Thursday night I hung out with my cousins, and on Friday . . .

4. Lucy and I picked up Kelly and Presley and went to the zoo! It was $1 day, so the zoo was a zoo. It was madness!! Fortunately we got there when it opened, so at least we got a parking spot, but it was just stroller after stroller, kid after kid allllll day. But the girls enjoyed it, and Kelly and I always enjoy an excuse to be together and chat! We finished the day with McDonald's. On the way home, the girls were cracking each other up, just laughing and laughing in the backseat. It was so sweet. And then they both fell asleep about 10 minutes before we got home. Silly kids.

5. So I was looking through my baby book the other day and noticed that I was potty trained by 20 months. Lucy will be 15 months in a week. Uhhh . . . do I need to get started on that?

6. Have I ever told you about my 5-year journal? Every night before bed I write a few lines about my day in a journal. The idea is to do the same thing for 5 years, so you can look back on what you did this day 3,4,5 years ago. Well I started it last year on August 5, so I got to go back to the beginning and start the new year yesterday. It was cool! On August 5 last year I was still on maternity leave and thought I was dying of a kidney stone! Also, Lucy rolled over for the first time. It's so crazy how different she is in a year!!

7. I've been doing terribly with my summer goals. I've only read 4 books (the goal was 10 by Labor Day), and I'm still only to the day we brought Lucy home from the hospital in my scrapbooking (the goal was have her 1st year done by Labor Day - ha!). We have gone to the beach and taken Lucy to the zoo. And we're trying to find a day to take her to the gardens. But it's not looking too good for the rest of the goals. Haha.

Comments

  1. I never stop craving chocolate. Ever. I think I'm making up for the years when I didn't crave it... or something.

    I love how close you are with your family :)

    Um... Orion is 20 months and I'm not even THINKING about potty training yet. I know girls usually do it earlier, but still.

    The 5 year journal thing is really cool. Kinda want to start...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell you that I do a 5 year journal too? Karen got me started. I started Jan. 1, 2009.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment