The Saturday 7

1. I spent last Saturday wedding dress shopping with my little sister! She's tiny and gorgeous and looked amazing in every dress she tried on. When she finally decided on "the one," they had to bring out a seamstress to decide if she needed a size 0 or 2. Wow. Haha. While we were there, we tried on some bridesmaid dresses. I definitely did not have to decide between a 0 or 2. Haha.

2. The dress-trying on led me to start working out again this week. I'm fortunate to have a husband with a degree in exercise science, so he taught me some weight lifting moves. Truth be told, if things go as planned, I'll probably be pregnant for the wedding, so I'm not too concerned with losing weight. (No, I'm not pregnant right now.) But I would like to tone my arms (the dress is strapless) and legs (it's also short). So I've been doing lunges and squats and free weights. And I am soooore!!! I guess that means it's working!

3. I read another Colleen Coble book this week: Anathema. I got it from the library and was surprised to see that it had been censored! Throughout the book, various words were scribbled out in black pen. The censor-er didn't do a great job, though, because I could still read the words. He/she blacked out two "gosh-es" and a "heck." Seriously. Lol. It cracked me up.

4. Lucy has a new word this week: birdie. Unfortunately, it sounds remarkably similar to "boobie." Lol. I'm just waiting for her to see an old lady with birds on her shirt and shout "boobies!"

5. Justin and I took Lucy to see the butterfly exhibit at Frederick Meijer Gardens this week. His grandma has a membership and literally lives across the street, so she got us in for free! Lucy loves butterflies, so I was excited for her to see them. When we first walked in the conservatory, Lucy stopped in her tracks and gagged. Lol. It's super humid and the flowers smell so strongly, I think she was a little overwhelmed. But once she got acclimated, she loved it! It wasn't too busy, so we let her run around and check everything out. So much fun.

Going through the gate in the children's garden.
My loves
6. After the gardens, we went back to Justin's grandparents' house. Grandma insisted we stay for pizza and was amazed at how much Lucy can pack away. Haha. It was so nice to spend time with them. It's the first time we've seen them since they left for Florida after Christmas, and it just reminds me again how blessed we are to have them in our lives. I never had much of a relationship with my grandparents, so I love the chance to have a relationship with Justin's grandparents.

7. I got a big box of diapers from Sam's Club this week. I think it's going to be the last one. Lucy will be 2 in 2 weeks. It's time to get serious with this potty training thing. She hides when she poops. I know that's an indicator that she's ready. I don't know if she has any concept of peeing though. Ha. Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Abby and I never did make it to FMG for the butterflies this year! We went last year but she was too young to really appreciate it. Oh well.

    I think Abby might be getting close to potty training too. She's been fascinated lately with washing her hands, so I tell her she has to have a reason to wash -- like sitting on the toilet for a little bit. She's still pretty scared of it, but we're getting there. As soon as school is out in June I'm hoping to have a couple weeks to really buckle down and get this thing taken care of, before baby #2 comes along!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment