The Saturday 7

1. I planted some stuff in my garden this week! (With my dad's help.) Potatoes, strawberries, and flowers. Dad says we have to wait to plant the zucchini, melon, and squash. I loved digging my hands in the dirt. And Lucy has loved helping me water the garden.

2. Wednesday was a beautiful warm, sunny day. After dinner, Justin, Lucy and I went to Morley Park in Cedar. We've lived here for 3 years and have never been there. It was so nice! They had 3 or 4 different play structures, swings, a merry go round, even some bongo drums! Lucy was in her glories. Except that all the play structures are on sand and she was wearing sandals. She was not a fan. Haha. Note to self: next time, put her in tennis shoes. She found a set of little slides with a short set of steps. Justin and I sat on the grass and watched her go up the stairs, down the slide, up the stairs, down the slide . . . over and over and over. I can't wait for her to get a slide for her birthday! Hours of entertainment!

3. On Thursday, we had a playdate with Kelly, Presley, Missy, and Jackson. Everyone came to our house for coffee and play time. We had such a blast! It's amazing how we girls can sit and talk for hours on end without running out of things to talk about! And Lucy and Presley did a good job playing together. Lucy has finally started saying "Presley." It kind of sounds like "Pepsi." Haha. Best friends! I also thoroughly enjoyed snuggling with 4 month old Jackson. Such a cutie pie!

4. Yesterday, we went to the bank and got approved to re-finance our house. I just can't bring myself to sell it. And so many people have reacted so negatively to the idea of us selling that I'm kind of taking that as a sign. We're getting about a 3.5% interest rate (we haven't locked in yet), which will lower our payment just over $100 a month. Every little bit counts! We just need our house to appraise high enough. The lady at the bank didn't seem to think that'd be a problem, but we'd appreciate your prayers anyway! Oh, and as a fun side note: We got our credit scores. They're both very good, but mine is one point higher than Justin's. Haha! Winner!

5. After Lucy's allergic reaction to pureed carrots, I decided to try cauliflower this week. My house reeked for days after boiling the cauliflower, but it was worth it. The great thing about cauliflower is that it's white and blends in with everything! I've been putting it in our food too because we don't eat enough vegetables either.

6. We celebrated my Mother's Day today. We're going to be so busy on actual Mother's Day weekend, so I cashed in on it today. All I wanted was sleep and restaurant food. So Justin got up with Lucy this morning and got her out of the house so it was totally silent. I slept 'til 11! Then we went to Qdoba because I got a coupon in my email for $5 entrees (thank you Cinco de Mayo!). After stuffing ourselves, we stopped at Once Upon a Child to see Libby and get a couple things with a gift card. Later, as we were getting off the highway to go home, we noticed Ruthie, the Country Fresh cow was parked outside White Creek Lumber along with a bunch of bounce houses and a real live cow in a pen. We stopped to see what it was all about. Come to find out, it was the "Cow Plop." Lol. The cow was in a big pen with a grid spray painted on the ground. People buy quadrants and bet on where the cow will poop! Oh man. You know you're a redneck when . . .  We didn't stay for the cow plop, but Lucy loved seeing the cow (it was moo-ing like crazy!) and jumping in the bounce house.

7. The Radical update for the week: I finished Genesis. I've read Genesis a million times (because I've tried to read through the Bible a million times and always start in Genesis), but it still amazes me how I pick up new things and have new questions. My mom and I were talking about how these men lived to be 130 years old, but only had like 10 kids (despite having multiple wives). Doesn't it seem like in 130 years, these men would produce like 50 children? Hmm.

My other random question is why do you think some Biblical names caught on in modern society and some didn't? Take, for example, the 12 tribes of Israel. You hear of people named Dan, Benjamin, and Joseph all the time. But why didn't Naphtali, Issachar, or Gad catch on? It's also interesting to read through the genealogies and see the crazy names. I was struck by how similar some of the brothers' names were. For instance, Genesis 46: 17, "The sons of Asher were Imnah, Ishvah, Ishvi . . ." Wouldn't that be confusing? "Ishvah! I mean Ishvi! Get over here right now!" I have a hard enough time with my sister's boys Tyler, Tristan, and Tayton!  Haha.

Ok, this is ridiculously long. Sorry. Have a great week, everyone!

Comments

  1. Too funny! I have a friend who is a girl named Naphtali. Great post Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had some fun days lately! I am totally asking for sleep for Mother's Day. Aaaah.

    I hope the refinancing goes smoothly. $100 a month is a lot!

    Are the 10 children just the boys? You can bet they had at least that many girls too.

    Good question about names. It's interesting that some names stay popular for SO long, like John, Mary, and Jacob.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment