The Saturday 7

1. We had our house appraised last week and got the results this week. It appraised for $1,000 over what we needed it to in order to refinance! Woohoo! Thanks for the prayers.

2. So we started potty training this week. Oh boy. If you're looking to develop patience, try potty training a 2 year old. Haha. Really, she's done pretty well. She goes every time I put her on the toilet, but it's just a tedious process. I try to take her in every half an hour. And she insists on putting the ring on the toilet by herself and pulling her shorts and undies down by herself. It takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r! Even with taking her in every half hour, she's still had her fair share of accidents. Fortunately, she hasn't made any huge messes. Most of the time, she just goes a tiny bit and catches herself. One time she started yelling "floor!" I looked over and there was a tiny puddle on the floor. We're just going to keep at it and hope it starts to click in her brain soon!

3. The other thing that has been teaching me patience this week is Lucy's sudden change in attitude. Seriously, Tuesday night she had a complete meltdown and it was like a switch flipped. I've never seen her act the way she's been acting this week. (We started potty training on Thursday, so I don't think the two are necessarily related.) On Tuesday, around 4:00 I told her no about something and she cried until 7:00! She was out of control - kicking, screaming, crying, shouting "no!", crossing her arms, stomping her feet - for 3 solid hours! I tried disciplining her, cuddling with her, distracting her, feeding her. All to no avail. I finally threw her in the bath, literally had to pin her down to clean her because she was flailing psychotically, and put her to bed an hour early! She hasn't been that naughty since then, but something is not quite right. I keep expecting her to wake up with a fever or start puking or something. She's just acting so abnormal. The past few days, she's been fine until about 11:30 am, then she finds something to start crying about and doesn't stop. I try to give her lunch and she just screams and cries. Yesterday and today I ended up giving her her binky and rocking with her in her bedroom until she calmed down. She'll take a long nap and wake up happy again. I seriously don't know what is going on!

4. In cuter Lucy news, she's loving the goldfish we got her for her birthday. (We originally got her 2, but one died already. Haha.) She loves to feed him. She'll tell me "hungry," and rub her belly to indicate the fish is hungry. And every time I ask her what the fish's name is, she says "E-O-I" - she literally says those three letters. Haha. So I guess his name is E-O-I!

5. Exciting news: I won a Celebration Cinema popcorn bucket and $10 gift card this week! I saw the contest on facebook, and entered it thinking it was probably just a scam. But I got an email saying I won and they were mailing the bucket to me. I figured I'd believe it when I saw it, but it came later that day! So exciting! We've been trying so hard not to spend money lately, that I was overjoyed to be able to go do something fun and not beat myself up for spending money on it. So Justin and I went and saw "What to Expect When You're Expecting" last night. (Guess who picked the movie. Haha.) I was flabbergasted to realize movie tickets cost $10!! Apparently I haven't been to a movie in a while. Haha. But we enjoyed the movie and the free popcorn! Thanks, Celebration! Oh, and if any of my local readers ever want to borrow the popcorn bucket, it's refillable until October 1st, so you're welcome to swing by and pick it up! I doubt we'll be going to many more movies now that we've spent our gift card.

6. We don't have any big plans for Memorial Day. I realized the other day that pretty much everyone I know has a lake or a cottage or something to go to. We don't have anything like that. We're going to Niki's house in the suburbs on Monday. Does that count?

7. Radical Experiment Update: I caught up on my reading. I read all of Leviticus this week. Not the most riveting book. The hardest part was reading all the specific instructions on how to build the tabernacle, then reading how exactly they built the tabernacle using those specific instructions. I'm not a fan of repetition. Reading all the ceremonial laws about cleanliness were kind of interesting . . . and gross. Hairs growing out of sores, emissions, menstruation. I kept thinking it was so strange that God cared so much about such little things. If nothing else, Leviticus made me extremely grateful for our Great High Priest who became our sacrifice once and for all! (Hebrews 10) Now wish me luck with Numbers! Haha.

Comments

  1. Congrats on your refinancing! I'm so glad it worked out!

    Good luck on potty training. I would be more bold with it if our main living space weren't carpeted. Bah.

    I hope her attitude improves soon... you never know what's going on with them. Could be teething, illness, a pain, a change in routine/learning, or just a mood.

    We kept getting Orion goldfish and they kept dying... so no fish at the moment... :P

    Yay free stuff!!

    On Memorial Day we drove all day and ate at Chipotle. Haha.

    The repetition in the OT gets to me too. I find myself skimming a lot. I do like the health regulation stuff... it seems to me that a lot of the old laws are for the health and wellness of the people. God the great physician teaching that prevention is the best medicine. :)

    /enormous comment

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment