The Saturday 7

Sorry this is so late! We've had a crazy weekend/day. I kind of forgot about it!

1. We were supposed to have the appraisal on our house for the refinancing this week. The appraiser called and cancelled 5 minutes after he was supposed to be to our house. Bummer. Rescheduled for Wednesday. Please pray that it appraises high enough!

2. I realized this week that I literally spend 1/3 of my paycheck on gas every week. That's just my gas - not even Justin's! How depressing . . .

3. I made this baked French toast for dinner on Wednesday. It was delicious! And very bad for us. Haha. Maybe next time I'll throw in some cauliflower puree or something. :-)

4. My brother, Luke, is home from Florida for the weekend! It was so great to see him again. And I love that Lucy knows just who he is even though she only sees him about twice a year. Hopefully he'll be able to move closer to home soon . . . We had siblings' lunch on Friday - something we used to do fairly often before he left. It was so nice to do it again. Sometimes I think it's so strange how we've all grown up so much. Niki has a kid who is a junior in high school (and is going to prom tonight with his girlfriend!) Luke's living on his own in Florida. Libby's getting married! So crazy.

5.Speaking of crazy . . . Justin ran the 25K 5/3 Riverbank Run today! It was insane. Apparently, it's the biggest 25K race in the nation. And I feel like most of the nation was there. Lucy and I went to cheer Justin on, and you should've seen me trying to push the stroller through the throng of people. Haha! Justin did so well, though. His goal was to make it in under 2 hours. He finished in 02:01:30. His dad, grandma and sister Stacey came to cheer him on as well, and we all saw him cross the finish line. I was amazed at how many people stumbled across the finish line practically passed out. I saw a few people get put in wheel chairs and a lot of pukers. Why do people do that to themselves?? Haha. It was a fun day, though. Lucy loved being out and about. We're so proud of Justin!

6. After the run, we stopped at The Score for lunch. I could never get hired as a waitress at that restaurant. Anyone wanna guess why?

7. Ok, now for the long-awaited birthday update. My Lucy girl turned 2 on Friday. It's so bittersweet. I love watching her grow older and learn new things and celebrate big milestones, but I mourn for every bit of babyhood she leaves behind. I went back and read her birth story. It feels like yesterday. I can't wait to do it again. :-) Anyway, we had an Elmo party Friday night. I decorated while she was taking her nap, so she woke up to Elmo everywhere and was so excited.

We just invited our immediate families (which is still around 20 people), and had a blast! Lucy is well loved and got soooo spoiled. She was adorable every time she opened a present and exclaimed "Dora!" or "Elmo!"

She was not a fan of everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to her. She closed her eyes throughout the entire song, but blew the birthday candles out all by herself! (We've been practicing.)

It was a great night and we are so blessed to have so many people who love her (and us) so much. I was going to upload some pictures, but I just spent like 2 hours putting them on facebook and I need to get to bed. Check them out there. ;-)



Comments