The Saturday 7

1. The news is out! I'm pregnant! I've only been keeping it a secret for 5 weeks, but it has about killed me! Haha. Now that I have a history of miscarriages, my doctor got me in for a couple early ultrasounds. I had my first one at 7 weeks. The baby just looked like a jelly bean, but I could definitely see a beating heart. It was amazing! I physically lost my other babies at 9 and 10 weeks, but they both measured 6 weeks. So seeing a live baby at 7 weeks was already a huge relief for me. Then on Wednesday I went in for my 9 week ultrasound. This time it actually started to look like a baby!

I could see its arms and legs moving a little bit and its heartbeat was 180 bpm!

I haven't been feeling the greatest. I'm not puking my guts out or anything, but I've been pretty miserable and exhausted. (Another reason I gave up on potty training Lucy so quickly - I just didn't have the energy to keep up with it!) I am unreasonably huge:

If I hadn't seen 2 ultrasounds for myself, I'd be sure there's more than one in there!

So today I'm 9 weeks, 3 days, which makes me due January 23, 2013 - which is the day this year that I went to the ER for my D&C. Ironic, eh?

You can read all the xanga entries I've been writing here. But be forewarned that they are not totally appropriate for all readers. Haha. Nothing graphic, just kind of TMI. :-)

2. Ok, in other news! The car situation is still pretty dismal - although I did have a vehicle to drive all week thanks to my mom. She has a friend who is in Alaska for the summer. My mom borrowed her car so I could use her van. Thanks, Mom!! But we're still at a standstill with buying one. I'm so torn between borrowing money from family members or trying to somehow use my 0% interest credit card or just waiting to see if God miraculously provides something. Blurg. I don't know. Oh and now Justin's brakes are grinding and need to be replaced. Lovely.

3. We spent lots of time at the pool this week thanks to the sweltering temps. Lucy still loves it . . . as do I! Although I'm sure everyone I came into contact with while I was wearing my swimsuit gave me the side-eye. Haha. There's no hiding that belly in a swimsuit!

4. Ok, so this is going to be a pregnancy-heavy Saturday 7, but I've been keeping it to myself for so long I have to get it all out now! Haha. Every time I go to the doctor they ask me which number pregnancy this is for me. It's so strange to answer "4." I've been pregnant 4 times?! Crazy. No wonder my stomach is already huge.

5. I came down with a nasty cold this week. I am such a baby when I'm sick. The common cold should not wipe me out this way. And I'm pretty sure Lucy's getting it. Her nose started running today and I can hear her getting a little bit hoarse. :-( Who gets colds in the summer?!

6. Just realized I never wrote about going to the lake last weekend. It was absolutely wonderful. The cottage we stayed at was amazing, the lake was so warm, Lucy loved the water, we went on a pontoon boat ride, swam, read, tanned, and mostly just relaxed. Perfect.

7. Justin and the guys from our small group left this morning at 5 am to go hiking and camping in the wilderness. Tonight, the wives are all coming over to my house to eat junk food, watch chick flicks and stay up until all hours of the night talking. Who do you think got the better end of that deal? Lol. I really should go clean my house, but I just put Lucy down for a nap and really think I'm going to join her. Friends don't care about messy houses, right? :-)

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. We'll take as many prayers as we can get for a healthy pregnancy and baby. I'm sure you're all so excited for my weekly updates and pictures! ;-)

Comments

  1. Congratulations!!! I haven't used my Xanga in ages, but I am still so excited for you, Lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAY!!! I'm so happy for you!! What a blessing :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment