The Saturday 7

1. Now that I have fast Internet, I'm really trying to get in a routine so I don't spend all day sitting online. One of my goals every day is to do some kind of activity with Lucy. Here are a couple of the crafts we did:
Pop bottle painting
After she was done painting, I threw her in the bath with the pop bottles, which she thought was awesome!

And then yesterday, we got a package in the mail from my friend Emily. It had this craft in it:
How cute is that?! Thanks, Emily!
Sorry - bad lighting. How do you like that outfit Lucy picked out for herself? Haha.

2. Another one of my goals is to start reading again. When we moved in here, and I started unpacking, I was amazed at how many children's books we have. We could seriously start a library. Then I started looking around my parents' house and noticing the astounding amount of books my dad has. They are everywhere. Apparently that's where I get it from! Anyway, I used to be such a voracious reader. And I know I grow spiritually when I read Christian Living books. So I grabbed one off my dad's shelf. I'm hesitant to even write the title, but this blog is about honesty, right? I read chapter one of When I Don't Desire God by John Piper.  I'm already identifying with it so much. One of my favorite lines so far is "Christ is to be cherished, not just chosen." I'm sure you'll hear more about it later!

3. Don't think I'm being too disciplined, though. Luke has Netflix hooked up to the TV with instant streaming, so I've been watching plenty of that! (As has Lucy - she discovered Blue's Clues. Oh joy.) I started watching Parenthood this week. So many of my facebook friends seem to love it that I decided to try it out. I just love Lauren Graham because she's so Lorelei (from Gilmore Girls)! I miss that show so much.

4. Lena has been a little difficult lately. She just needs to be held all day. (Or so she thinks.) She used to sleep so well in her swing, but the past few days, she sleeps in fits and spurts, then screams until I pick her up. If I hold her, she's content to sleep for hours. I know a lot of my friends would say that's fine, she's young, time goes so fast I should just cherish those moments, but I'm honestly getting a little depressed and feeling tied to the couch. We are living in my parents' house rent free. The least I can do is help with the dishes and sweep the floors. But my back still can't handle wearing Lena in the sling for long periods of time. I hate when Justin gets home from work, asks "What'd you do today?" and I answer "held Lena all day." (He's just asking to make conversation - not to make sure I'm earning my keep as a stay at home mom. Haha.)

5. I will say I'm glad I have my fussy baby this time around while we're at my parents'. It's so nice having extra hands to hold her and jiggle her and walk with her. My dad doesn't have a job (he's a commercial photographer if anyone has any leads!), and I really enjoy having him around every day - if for no other reason than someone to have adult conversation with! Haha. But it's also really nice being able to take a quick shower without worrying about Lucy attacking Lena or Lena screaming her head off in the swing. Thanks, Dad! (And Mom and Luke!)

6. My dad has a bunch of little Gideon Bibles that Lucy loves. Yesterday she was walking around with a whole stack of them. When I asked her why she had so many, she said, "This one for me, this one for my baby, this one for God, and this one for Jesus." Later she was lining them all up on the windowsill. When I tried to move one, she said, "No mommy! Leave it there so God can reach it!" Haha.

7. I think I mentioned once that Lucy has been listening to my old Psalty tapes. Well she ruined one of them, and the other two are so old they hardly work. So I decided I'd buy her some new ones for Easter. Well apparently they stopped making them and they're now a hot commodity for nostalgic Christian kids like me. A cassette tape is going for like $35 on ebay! I did find the Psalty website still sells them - but they're $7 a piece for a 20 minute episode! So if anyone has any good leads on Psalty's Sleepytime Helpers, hook me up!

Comments

  1. I think I say this every time you post a cool craft/activity, but I really need to start doing stuff like that with my boys! Sigh.

    Yeah, a friend of ours who's at our house all the time put her Netflix on our Playstation, so we are enjoying that! Orion navigates it himself. They love the show Bo on the Go which is cute, and one called Taratabong which I really like. And of course anything about vehicles.

    Orion was the same way when he was an infant- had to be held ALL THE TIME. Every nap. Ugh. It's hard. I hope she grows out of it quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment