The Saturday 7

1. I forgot to mention one of the new recipes I tried last week. It was so amazing, I'd be doing you all a serious disservice by not sharing it: Reese's Peanut Butter Pie.
Picture from couponcousins.net
I have been seriously obsessed with Reese's peanut butter cups lately. I actually bought 2 bags of pb cups when I went shopping for ingredients - one for the pie, and one to eat while I made the pie. Hahaha.

2. We were really busy this week, so we didn't do much for the letter C - only what I've already written on facebook. On Monday, we read the story of Joseph, then made a Joseph puppet out of a lunch sack wearing a coat of many colors. Lucy loves any excuse to paint and play with googly eyes. :-) Then we made cookies and listened to the Cookie Monster song "C is for cookie." Lucy was afraid of Cookie Monster's gravelly voice. Haha.
During her ER debacle yesterday, I wondered for a minute if we'd be learning "C is for cast." Haha. Thank goodness we didn't have to do that!

3. We spent Wednesday with our friends Carrie, Abby, Ellie, Kelly, Presley, and Harper. This is my new favorite picture:
Lol
The girls played so well together. Sometimes Lucy isn't the most pleasant (ha!), but she did really well. Whew! And I had a blast catching up with Carrie and Kelly.

4. Lena discovered her hands this week. She is constantly trying to get them in her mouth. She also discovered her voice. (The video is kind of long. You'll get the idea after the first few seconds. Haha.)

5. I've been frustrated that my weight loss has stalled since having Lena. I still have 10 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and another 10 pounds to get where I should be. But after yesterday, I have a sneaking suspicion of why that weight just isn't falling off. Yesterday I had a donut for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch, Red Robin for dinner, and Coldstone for dessert. Lol! That's obviously not how I always eat - it was a stressful day. But I eat like that wayyyy more often than I should!

6. So after last week's point on depression, I decided I need to do something about it. My friend Karen has been touting the benefits of supplements for a while, and I finally bit the bullet, spent the money, and bought some. Here's my new daily regimen:
That's 2 fish oil, magnesium, Vitamin B complex, a prenatal, and then my regular anxiety medicine, and my birth control. Karen insists it will make all the difference with my anxiety, depression, and exhaustion. I've only been taking them for a few days, so I'll keep you posted! (Let me know if you're interested in the exact doses.)

7. I forgot to mention last week that when I took Lena to the doctor for her ears, they weighed her. Just over a week after her appointment where they labeled her "borderline failure to thrive" at 10 lbs, 1 oz, she weighed in at 10 lbs, 14 oz. Granted, she was wearing her clothes the second time, but she's definitely gaining weight. Which is reassuring, since she has not been nursing very well. I still think she just gets full fast, but she has such short feedings that I know she's not getting the fatty hindmilk. I've tried and tried to get her to nurse longer, but she absolutely won't do it. Either she pulls away screaming, or she just smiles up at me with milk pouring down her face. Who knows?

Comments

  1. That pie looks sooooooo good...

    Love the pic with screaming Lena. Ha!

    She is adorable in that video! <3

    Ooh, let me know how the supplement thing goes. I really have no clue about that stuff, but it would be awesome if it works!

    Oy, babies and their (non-)weight gain... so stressful. I'm glad she gained some weight for ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment