Week 4: The Flood

The Flood (Genesis 6-9)
Verse: Psalm 145:13b "The Lord is faithful and will keep all of his promises." (NIRV)

This week, we read the story of The Flood in Lucy's children's Bible. On Monday, we talked about how God sent 2 of every animal to the ark. Then we played "Matching" with some Noah's Ark cards I bought at Dollar Tree last year.
We also enjoyed some animal crackers. 
On Thursday, we did Noah's Ark counting cards. I printed off 10 pictures of Noah's Ark, glued them to cardstock, and wrote a number on each one. Then I gave Lucy a bowl full of animal crackers and had her put the correct amount of animals on each of Noah's numbered arks.
When she was done, I let her choose one card to eat all the crackers off of. Guess which number she chose? Haha. It's a good thing because that might have been her breakfast . . .
Later on, we worked on our verse poster. This had nothing to do with Noah's Ark, but I've been meaning to make a visual of the verses she's learning.


On Friday we read the story again, this time focusing on the rainbow and God's promises. We started with a fingerpaint rainbow inspired by this. Lucy didn't want to fingerprint it. She finger-smeared it instead.

Then came the real fun: "Roll a Rainbow." I got the idea from this website. Her version used stickers, but I didn't have any, so I just drew a rainbow with pencil and put colored circles in each row. I made a key to illustrate which color corresponds to which roll of the die.

Lucy loved putting the M&Ms in their spots.

And here's a fun tip: put the die in a small transparent container to serve as a "shaker" and eliminate flying dice!
Finished product:
I let Lucy eat 2 of each color when we were done. At least we had breakfast before snack this time. :-)
For more Noah's ark ideas, check out this craft we did last year.

Comments

  1. I think you should write preschool curriculum. Or a book of crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment