The Saturday 7

1. I had a rough weekend last weekend. On Saturday after Lena's afternoon feeding, I started to feel some intense pain. I was practically writhing on the couch because I was hurting so much. After some online research, I decided it had to be thrush. Lucky for me, the prescription most often prescribed for thrush is Nyastatin. I happened to have some on hand from a while ago when Lucy had a diaper rash. So I've been using that and it's feeling tons better. By Sunday, however, my Paxil withdrawals started. I wanted to die. Chills, nausea, the shakes, exhaustion, dizziness. We had our family Christmas with Justin's side of the family that day, and I spent most of it on the couch. Stupid drug dependence. I finally got it refilled on Monday and was feeling good withing hours of taking that beautiful little pill. Haha. I sound like such an addict. 

2. Our final advent activities included introducing Lucy to the movie Elf (she liked it for the first hour, then got bored - her favorite part was when Buddy says, "Look at these toilets! They're ginormous!" Lol), mailing a hug to Aunt Stacey (like this), and making treats for our poor overworked UPS man and mail lady.
This all came in one day last week.
We made Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookies. I may have taste-tested a couple of them. Yummmmm!

3. We had a wonderful Christmas. My sister and her family came over on Christmas Eve for a big delicious dinner of chicken wings and a million sides. We had a near-emergency when the deep fryer overflowed and boiling oil spilled all over the kitchen, but no one was hurt! We all went to church reeking of grease, but enjoyed the Christmas Eve service. Niki and the boys spent the night as per tradition. The boys all slept on Lucy's floor, which apparently was way too exciting for her. She woke up at 4:30 am and bothered them for 3 hours before I even realized she was awake! Lol. Sorry, boys! She was shocked and amazed to come down the stairs to this:
My dad read us some verses about our need for a Savior and how important Christmas is, and Lucy told us the Christmas story. Then we spent 4 hours unwrapping all those presents. Lena had fun unwrapping and playing with her toys, but she had to go take a nap part-way through. Lucy loved helping pass out the presents and tearing hers open. When we were all done, I realized I had forgotten to bring down a whole stack of presents I had wrapped and hidden in my closet after Black Friday! So Lucy and Lena got to have round 2 of opening presents. Haha. I actually saved a couple of Lena's for her birthday because both of my girls got ridiculously spoiled as usual.

4. We spent all day on Christmas playing games and eating amazing food. I made a super easy, super yummy toffee apple dip
Photo credit
5. Justin spoiled me with a bunch of cute new clothes. I'm one of the lucky few women who trusts her husband to shop for her. He's much more fashionable than I am. Anytime I ever get complimented on my clothes it's something he's bought for me. Haha. And I got him a kayak. Actually, he got it for himself on Black Friday because I didn't know how to tie it to my van, but I approved the purchase. Haha. 

6. Since Christmas, Lucy and I have been spending a lot of time playing Barbies and tea parties and legos. And today, I spent 2 solid hours purging and re-organizing the girls' closet to make room for their new clothes. While I was at it, I hauled up the 12 month bin for Lena and sorted through all that stuff. It's a never ending project.

7. Last night, we celebrated our 10 year class reunion! Justin and I were two of a tiny little class in a tiny little school. Here's our senior class picture:
Can you find us?  Do we look the same? ;-)
I'm so mad I forgot to take a picture last night! But we had a great time. Only 9 of us made it, but we got to catch up with a few people that we haven't seen in a long time. It was so fun to see who's married, who has kids, who just got their doctorate (!), and to hear all about everyone's families. It's amazing how much can happen in 10 years!

Comments