Book #6 The All Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion (Fannie Flagg)

Amazon
After finishing Unbroken, I wanted something more lighthearted to read. I also wanted to try reading a book on my Kindle for the first time, so I went to the library's ebook catalog and browsed until something jumped out at me. My friend Cara recommended Fannie Flagg to me when I first asked for book suggestions, and I know I've read something by her before, though I can't for the life of me remember what it was. (I also saw Fried Green Tomatoes as a kid, which gave me nightmares about the old lady with long white hair, and forever terrified me of train tracks.)

The downside to the library's website is that there's no synopsis of the book. You just borrow it and hope you're gonna like it. Haha. I had no clue what this was about before I started, but it immediately pulled me in.

It was actually kind of ironic because it's set during World War II, and is largely about pilots - just like Unbroken. Although the pilots in this book are women, known as WASPs (Women Air Force Service Pilots). I loved learning the history of the oft forgotten/overlooked branch of service, and I really enjoyed the whole book. It was funny and sweet and uplifting. I predicted nearly all the twists, because I'm awesome like that, but it was still a great read. :-)

Only 24 to go!

Comments