Child of the Mist

Amazon Link
I broke my rule about branching out from inspirational fiction to read this book. It was one of my bookbub recommendations earlier this week and when I saw it was about an arranged marriage, I was hooked. I'm a sucker for arranged marriages. Haha.

There's not much to say about this book. It was a great read. It's more than just romance. There were a lot of historical elements and I enjoyed the setting and time period (Scotland, 1500s). There was also a fair amount of mystery that had me guessing throughout the book. My one complaint is that the main character, Anne, was way too perfect. She goes through all these horrible circumstances, but knows how to respond every time. She's the perfect Christian, the perfect sister, the perfect wife. Don't get me wrong. I don't want my fiction reads to be totally realistic. I like to read as an escape. But it'd be nice to be able to relate a little more to the character. Haha.

Two thumbs up from me! I read this book in one day. But that's not saying much, since that's pretty much my norm. Haha.

Comments