The Saturday 7

1. This week was brutal. It was so freezing cold/snowy all week that I refused to leave the house. We drove 6 miles to the library on Wednesday and it became apparent that something is wrong with my car. I couldn't get it to go above 30 mph and the RPMs were jumping all over the place. Transmission, right? Exactly what was wrong with the van I just got rid of. Oy. We have an appointment to have it looked at on Tuesday. 

2. Since we never made it farther than the library, I never got groceries this week. I decided to take it as a challenge and see what I could scrounge up for dinner every week. One day we had canned soup and a freezer burned Lean Cuisine, but the rest of the week wasn't too bad if I say so myself! Monday was homemade mac n' cheese with ham, Wednesday was chili (made with spaghetti sauce since I didn't have tomato sauce, but with enough cumin, no one was the wiser ;-) ), Thursday was chicken fried rice, and yesterday I dug out an ancient frozen pork tenderloin and an expired box of mashed potatoes. I even made gravy for the first time in my life. It was surprisingly good!!

3. By last night, though, I was going a little bit crazy from being cooped up in the house all day. Honestly, people, what do you do with your kids all day? After my terribly emotional/depressed week last week, I made myself a daily schedule. In the morning, we do an hour of screen time, school, I do some housework, and I set aside an hour to sit and intentionally play with the girls. AFter that is lunch, naps, one hour of screen time for Lucy while Lena's still sleeping, and then I'm done. I don't know what to do with them for the rest of the day. I usually do a little more housework, make dinner, and do more playtime with the girls, but they spend most of the evening hanging on me, whining about being bored, and begging to watch more TV. It makes me crazy!! It's been way too cold to play outside or go anywhere. This is why winter is bad for depression.

4. All that's to say, by today I had to get out of house. So I put on my fleece lined leggings and fourteen layers of sweatshirts and we headed to the store. We've been trying to do a cash system since selling our house, but we went $16 over today and put it on the credit card. At first, I was beating myself up for it and trying to figure out where to make up for it in the budget, but then I realized I never bought groceries last week, and the ones we bought today are for next week, so I'm actually way under budget!! Woohoo!

5. I did my first ab workout this week in my quest to repair my broken core. I found a 20 minute workout specifically geared toward women with diastasis recti on youtube. I did it on Monday, and I'm still sore! Hopefully that means it's working! But I also really need to do it more than once a week. Ugh. Exercise is the worst.

6. I discovered "Trivia Crack" this week. I'm slightly obsessed. You should play with me. Although, be forewarned, that I'm a cheater when it comes to the sports category, and Justin helps me. Haha.

7. I'm really struggling to make it to seven this week, so go check out my book reviews from the week and my homeschool recap.

Have a great week, everyone! Here's to hoping for warmer weather!!

Comments

  1. I wrote a blog post just for you! Well, I was planning on writing it anyway, but I hurried it up so I could link to it in this comment ;) http://nathanandrachellambes.blogspot.com/2015/01/goodbudget.html?m=0

    I swear my core was worse BEFORE my third pregnancy than it is after. I don't know if it's a result of all the exercise during pregnancy...?? How many fingers is your separation? Good luck on your exercises. I hope they help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My separation is only 2 fingers, so not horrible by any means, but I remember how much my back hurt during and after my pregnancy with Lena and I want to do whatever I can to prevent that for a future pregnancy. What kind of exercise did you do while pregnant? That's awesome your stomach is better now than it was!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment