The Saturday 7

1. This was the first half of our week:
Sick. Sick. Sick. Coffee. Haha.
Lena started coughing last Saturday, was up all night that night with a fever, and was miserable by Sunday morning. She had a consistent 101/102 fever for three days. I told myself if she woke up with a fever on Thursday, I'd take her to the doctor, but she woke up fever free and finally started to turn the corner! She's the weirdest kid, though. When she's sick, she sleeps less. Which just makes her more miserable. We spent a good three days snuggling and watching TV. I love the snuggles, but I'm so glad she's finally feeling better! Justin and I both have mild colds, but Lucy seems to have bypassed it. *knock on wood* Lucy having a cough is the worst thing ever, because coughing makes her puke. Blech.

2. Last Saturday, I went to Maurice's all by myself and tried on 26,000 pairs of jeans. My sister bought me a pair for Christmas that I love and wear so much (ahem, every day) that they're already ripped to shreds. So I decided to bite the bullet, take advantage of their Buy One, Get One 50% off sale, and just go by myself a few pairs. I got two pairs that fit great and ordered a third one because they didn't have my size in stock. My mom picked them up for me yesterday and I'm so frustrated with them! I bought the exact style/size/cut as the one that fit me really well, only in a lighter wash. And the lighter wash ones are way too big! I don't understand!! I'm going to try to shrink them. Otherwise, I guess it'll just give me license to start gaining some weight. :-) (I also bought a pair of mint colored shorts that are actually semi-long! Yay for mom-shorts!)

3. Have y'all seen this article?
104 -year old woman who drinks 3 cans of Dr Pepper a day outliving the doctors who tell her to stop
5 people shared this article with me on facebook, and at least 3 others tagged me in the comments on the original facebook article. Lol. I love that everyone knows me so well! I also love the spirit of this article. Take that, you stupid doctors who say Dr Pepper will kill you! Take that, health fanatics! Drink up and be happy. ;-)

4. I didn't do great with my reading hiatus. I went a couple days without reading anything but Curious George and Fancy Nancy, but then I kind of didn't know what to do with myself. Part of my reasoning was that I don't spend much time with Justin because of reading, but the honest truth is I don't spend much time with Justin because he goes to bed at 9:00 every night. We usually don't get Lucy in bed 'til 8:45 anyway, so it's not like I'm missing out on hours of meaningful conversation and quality time together. Lol. I finished the Alaskan Courage series, and read Happily Ever After by Susan May Warren  (dumb) and The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund (really liked it).  So at least that's progress. 3 books in 7 days as opposed to 7 in 7. I just got a few more for my Kindle. 2 of them are not inspirational fiction. *Gasp* Stay tuned to see if I actually read them . . .

5. Can we talk for a minute about mattress stores? Has anyone else noticed the recent outcropping of mattress stores on Alpine? I heard someone say there are 11 of them in a 3 mile stretch. I've noticed at least three brand new ones go up in the past couple of months. And has anyone ever seen a customer in any of these new stores? I never have. They're always completely empty. Why are there so many stores??? How do they stay in business??? What are they a front for??? I think I need to call the news channels about this. There is something seriously shady going on.

6. Tuesday night, Justin's grandparents had a party to celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary. I ended up staying home with Lena because she was so miserable, and I hate that I missed it. I've written before about how I'm much closer to Justin's grandparents than my own. (Although most of mine are dead anyway.) I seriously want to be Justin's grandma when I grow up. She is amazing. She is just one of the most generous, loving, gracious people in the world. And when Justin came home from the party on Tuesday with this, it just made me love her even more:

There are four pages front and back of verses she has chosen/prayed/memorized over her kids and grandkids. Here are ours:

How awesome is that? I think I'm going to start doing it for my kids, too. It's not going to take up four pages yet, but it's awesome to think that someday it might. (Although I'm going to have to get crack a lackin' and have some more babies, then encourage my kids to have a lot of kids . . .)

7. I can't think of a seventh. Enjoy this silly Lucy anecdote from the week instead:
Sadie (to Justin): Lena did pretty well today. She was happy until like 7:45, then she hit the wall.
Lucy (alarmed): Which wall did Lena run into??

Comments

  1. I went shopping all by myself and bought jeans this week too! Buying jeans can be super frustrating because sizes are so inconsistent!

    Um, now I really feel the need to drink MORE Dr. Pepper! That's amazing!!

    Psh, if my husband went to bed that early I'd read all the time too! You really should branch out, though... but I've been telling you that for a decade so I don't have high hopes... Haha! ;)

    I definitely need to start paying scripture more in general, and especially start praying more specifically for my children. What a great example.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment