Book #18: The Heist

I've had a string of bad luck choosing books to read this week. I got halfway through a James Patterson book before I realized the main character had cancer and the focus of the book was going to be his illness/death. I didn't read on. Then I started another one that sounded interesting, but was wayyyyy too political for me. I even started the sequel to The Rosie Project that I enjoyed so much. But I did not enjoy the sequel. I gave it a good try, but ended up abandoning that one as well.

So I was relieved to finally come across a good book after all those failures. The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg:

I've been wanting to read a few books by famous authors to see what the fuss is all about. Janet Evanovich is a pretty big name and the premise of this book caught me. It's essentially White Collar meets Oceans Eleven, which are two of my favorites. (If you haven't seen White Collar, splurge the $8.99 a month for Netflix and take a week off of work to watch all 5 seasons. You can thank me later.)

The other mysteries I've read for my 30 Before 30 venture have been entirely too British, and tried too hard to be "literary." This one is just good ole fun American fiction. I breezed through it, enjoyed it, and will probably read the sequels.

Comments