The Saturday 7

1. I've written multiple times about how much Lena loves Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Well this week, she had another adorable moment quoting one of Daniel's lines. She was trying a bunch of dried out markers, and when she came across one that actually worked, she ran to me in the living room yelling, "It works! Tigertastic!!" Lol. So stinkin' cute.

2. I only read one book this week! The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. I really liked it! I don't know why I didn't read any others all week. Very strange.

3. Yesterday we went with some friends to the Grand Rapids Children's Museum. We've been trying to go for months, but one of our kids was always sick or the weather was nasty. We finally got around to it this week . . . and apparently so did everyone else. It must have been national field trip day. As we were walking up to the door, 4 buses pulled up. Oy. It was sheer madness. Lena hated it and begged to be held the whole time. The other kids had fun, I think, but it was stressful for all involved. We went to McDonald's afterward - 4 moms and 8 kids - and served as excellent birth control for the teenage boy who had the misfortune of sitting by us. Haha.  I love all our crazy kids.

4. I don't do parallel parking, so I illegally parked in the library's parking lot (it had numerous signs declaring the lot for "library patrons only!"). I was feeling bad about breaking the law, and itching a little bit to step inside the biggest library I've ever seen, so we made a quick pit stop to check it out. Holy cow. I want to live there. And I'm pretty sure I could get lost in it. Amazing. Someday I need to allot a few hours just to roam that huge, gorgeous book-lover's paradise.

5. I tried to post less on facebook this week. A few random people have mentioned in passing lately that I post a ton of pictures/articles/status updates on facebook. None of them were being negative, but I imagine most people get a little annoyed with my obsessive facebook presence. I just scrolled through my profile for the past week to see how I did. Not great. Haha. I'll keep trying . . .

6. We're hosting small group tonight, so I put off all my cleaning until this weekend so the house would be sparkling. Ideally, I would've done some cleaning last night, got a head start on my meal, and just left the finishing touches for today. But if there's one thing I tend to forget about myself, it's that I'm an insane procrastinator. I left all my papers and projects til the last minute at college. I don't do laundry until I'm out of clean underwear, even my 30 Before 30 - something fun that I chose to do - is going to result in some serious procrastination. Haha. I like to think that I work best under pressure. But the truth is that I'm incurably lazy. If the pressure's not on, if I don't absolutely have to do it, I won't. Not my greatest asset. . . .

7. Well people will be here soon and I still have food to prep and children's hair to make presentable, so I shall leave you with this epic picture. I'm disappointed that no one gave this to me on my birthday . . .


Comments

  1. I took my kids to the children's museum this week too, and I specifically choose a time that I thought would be less busy. Oh my gosh. It was field trip day there too. I was so overwhelmed.

    Procrastination for the win!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment