Levi: 16 Months


Levi is 16 months old today and I realized I haven't written an update recently. So here it is!

At his 15 month appointment, he weighed 20 lbs and was 29 inches. He's mostly wearing 9 month or 12 month clothes. (His swimsuit is 3-6 months and fits just fine. Lol.) He wears size 3 diapers.

He has 4 top teeth and 4 bottom teeth (the bottom right just came in). One of his molars came in months ago, the other 3 have been poking through over the past week or two. 

He can say 4 words: uh-oh, hi, bye, and num-num (for food). Lena had 20 words by this age, and Lucy (who I considered delayed) had 10. Trying to remind myself he's a boy, a third-born, and laid-back. He doesn't do animal noises, but he does make a car noise. 

We've been working on body parts. He can do eyes and nose. Sometimes he'll identify his belly, feet, or head. 



He folds his hands when I say "amen" and sometimes he stops mid-meal to fold his hands as if to ask me to pray again. 

He loves food - especially pizza. He actually freaks out if he sees pizza and can't eat it immediately. 

He also loves meat of pretty much any kind. He chows down sloppy joes, taco meat, ham, chicken, sausage, hot dogs, etc. Other favorites include: pb&j, fruit of any kind (especially blueberries - I think he'd eat an entire pint in one sitting if I let him), granola bars, goldfish, pea crisps, and anything sweet or sugary. He's not a huge fan of veggies. Imagine that. 

He adores being outside - to the point that I've forbidden my girls from saying that word out loud. Haha. It's kind of a pain to take him out though, since he doesn't walk and can't scoot very well on the uneven ground. 

He can walk quite well, but he won't. He'll go between people, but won't let go of furniture and walk on his own. He pulls up on everything, and he's finally gotten good at getting down from a standing position. He crawls once in a while, when it suits him. But his main mode of transportation is still the butt scoot. He has calluses on his legs and heels from scooting so much. 

He's a good sleeper. We rock, sing, and pray around 8:00 at night, then he usually lays right down and goes to sleep (on his belly, arms and legs tucked underneath him). He usually wakes up between 7:30 and 8 am. He's been down to one nap for a couple months - usually around 12:30. I'm excited if he sleeps two hours. Usually it's more like an hour and a half. On bad days, only one. The girls took 3 hour naps at this age. I don't know what Levi's problem is. 

He is obsessed with my mom. He doesn't voluntarily leave her side from the moment she gets home from work until the moment I pry him off of her to take him to bed. He cries when she shuts him out of the bathroom, and follows her every where she goes. 

Levi is the least anxious of all my kids and the most social. He has very little trouble being away from me and will smile or wave at anyone! That's a big deal for my kids! Haha.

He loves cars - or anything with wheels really. He gets excited when he sees mobility scooters or wheelchairs at Meijer. His favorite toy is hands down the car ramp. He also loves balls and Duplos or blocks. 


He's likes to look at books - especially if they have flaps or pictures of vehicles. He doesn't tolerate reading as much as just pointing at pictures and quickly flipping pages. 

He's very snuggly and loves to give hugs - complete with a grunting noise that signifies squeezing hard. Haha. At night, when we rock, he lays his head down on my shoulder. When he gets hurt, he won't stop crying until I pick him up and cuddle him for a minute. 

Seriously, I could go on forever. He has so much personality, is so cute, and so funny.



Everywhere we go, people have one of three things to comment about: his curly hair, his dimples, or his butt scoot. Haha. He's a conversation starter! And we love him so much!!

Comments