The Saturday 7

1. I had a great time last weekend on our little mini-retreat. Lots of good food, laughter, games and spiritual discussion - about sin, grace, heaven, and everything else! We were staying in Muskegon, and in the 3 days we were there, we got 14 inches of snow. It was crazy! Thank goodness for Niki and her sweet driving skills.

2. Good news: we made it an entire week without puking!! I'm really hoping that means we're done with it, and the doctor was right.

3. I bought Lucy some Elmo underwear and we did a little trial run of potty training this week. She wanted to wear the undies, and I wanted to see if she has any concept of what it means to "go potty." I really don't think she does. Haha. I'm not rushing it. I think she needs to be a little bit more verbal before she'll really be ready. I just wanted to see what would happen if we tried it this week.

4. I read a couple more chapters of Forgotten God this week. Chan talked about how we tend to have unspoken fears of the Holy Spirit. He was right on. Fear that if we really get to know him, we'll become crazy charismatics who fall over in church. Fear that we'll try to harness His power (through prayer, or laying on of hands or whatever) and still not have our prayers answered. Fear that if we fully submit to him, He'll ask us to do things outside of our comfort zones.

One thing that I was surprised to read was the idea that you have to ask to receive the Holy Spirit. I always just thought He automatically comes into your life when you get saved. I still don't really know how I feel about that. But I'll be honest. After reading those chapters, I prayed to receive the Holy Spirit. Nothing dramatic happened. I don't feel any different. I don't know. I need to keep reading the book.

5. I'm starting to regret all my complaining about Lucy refusing to read books. She is absolutely obsessed with books now. I started buying children's books before I was even pregnant, so I have quite a stash. She loves to collect them all and put them in a huge pile, climb on my lap, and make me read every single one to her. Haha. The good thing is, she reads incredibly fast. She usually flips through a couple pages, then throws the book on the floor. But I'm starting to get a teensy bit sick of reading the same books all day every day. Haha. I will say, though, that I love watching her read to herself. She plops down on her lunchbox in the living room, and flips through book after book reading "eesh . . . eesh" on every page. So cute.

6. Another of Lucy's obsessions is Dora. Lyla has every Dora toy ever made, so Lucy sees a lot of it at their house. Plus, we have one Dora movie that she watches in the van. Recently, she learned to say "Dora." The funny thing is, she always says it 3 times. When we were walking through Kohl's on Monday, she saw some Dora pajamas and shouted "Dora Dora Dora!" Her potty seat has Dora on it, so when we were experimenting with it on Tuesday, she kept pointing at it, saying "Dora Dora Dora!" Haha. She's an odd duck.

7. It was my day to sleep in this morning. Justin came in at 10:20 and said, "Do you want to go out for breakfast?" You don't have to ask me twice to go out to eat! We went to Big Boy for the breakfast buffet. I love buffets because I like to sample a little bit of everything. But I never get my money's worth, because I get full so fast! It was delicious anyway. :-)

Comments

  1. 4. Does he base the "you have to pray to receive the Holy Spirit" thing on scripture? I'm not sure I buy that. I think if you pray to receive Jesus you also receive the Holy Spirit... I think they're kind of inseparable.

    5. Haha, love it. Yeah, reading to kids is SO fun, but sometimes it gets tiring, especially when they want to read the same book over and over and over.

    6. O always says "big" three times! "Big big big!"

    7. We're soul mates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment