The Saturday 7

1. Lucy went on a nap strike this week. Monday she cried on and off in her crib for an hour and a half. Tuesday she cried for a while, then did sleep, but only for an hour. Wednesday we were at work, and she played in the pack n play - talking and singing for 2 hours! She finally took some good naps Thursday and Friday. Hopefully that means we're back to normal. I'm not a fan of no-nap days!!

2. So my new pay rate went into effect this week. It's pretty depressing. Let me just say, it's a good thing I just read that book about the Holy Spirit, because we are really going to be relying on Him from now on!

Actually, we already saw Him working this week. On Tuesday I babysat for a friend for a couple hours. I told her not to pay me, but of course she gave me a $10 Meijer gift card (and a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper!). Later that day, we got a big envelope in the mail from the Nielsen's. We just did their survey a couple months ago, but apparently, we were selected to do it again. And as a thank you, they sent us $30 cash!! So on Monday, I made $40 for sitting at home watching TV and babysitting the easiest kid ever. Oddly enough, $40 is my weekly grocery budget!

3. A couple cute Lucy stories for the week: I've written before that one of her favorite words is "nay-nay" - which means naked. She was looking at her bookshelf the other day, and all of a sudden shouted "nay-nay!" as she pulled out her children's Bible. She opened it right up and flipped to the story of Adam and Eve. Lol. We don't read that book terribly often, but she remembered that it had a story about nakedness in it. Haha. My kid's favorite part of the Bible is the naked part.

4. After bathtime, I always slather Lucy in lotion (she inherited my horrendously dry skin) and we thank Jesus for each of her body parts. "Thank you, Jesus, for my legs, to run and walk and kick . . ." When I get to her chest, I always tap it a couple times and say, "Thank you, Jesus, for my beating heart. Boom boom. Boom boom."  Apparently she's been paying attention. The other day I drew a heart on her Magna Doodle and said, "Look - it's a heart." To which she replied "Boom boom. Boom boom." Now she does it anytime she sees a heart. I even gave her some pretzels this week that looked kind of like hearts. She put one up to her chest and said, "Boom boom. Boom boom."  Haha. I love that silly girl.

5. Another way God provided for us this week: Justin's car seriously started acting up last weekend. It hardly even accelerated and was shaking so badly it made my teeth chatter. We both immediately jumped to worse case scenario, assuming it was going to cost thousands of dollars and eat up our tax refund. But once again, God provided, and it only cost $135 for a new part. Whew!

6. So my diet is not going so well. Haha. I've been eating Special K for breakfast, and I did eat salad a couple days this week. But I'm a serial snacker. And I can't give up Dr Pepper. And sometimes I just seriously forgot I was on a diet. Wednesday afternoon, I found myself in the McDonald's drive through ordering french fries! It never even crossed my mind that I shouldn't be eating that! Haha. I just don't care enough. Yes, I'm fatter than I want to be, but I'd rather have this body and eat what I want than be skinny eating leaves and twigs.

7. I'm going to be helping out in the church office for a couple weeks while the secretary is on vacation. (Another way God is providing - it's a paid position!) I'll be working Thursdays and Fridays for 2 weeks. So yesterday, I went in to learn the ropes. Oh boy. I'm a little nervous. Haha. The biggest responsibility is going to be making the bulletin. I can handle the typing and spelling and formatting. But I'm nervous about the printing and copying. Moral of the story: if you go to KCBC, don't look too closely at the bulletin next week! And if you call into the office and I hang up on you, I'm sorry! Haha.

Comments

  1. I love hearing your stories about God providing for you! It's so easy to forget that we don't need to panic when things look bad. He's right there.

    Lucy is so funny! I love the beating pretzel heart. :)

    I'm trying to lose weight too... heh. I'm not doing great either. Definitely had Wendy's and pizza this week. ...it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment