The Saturday 7

1. This week was crazy for me. I worked at my nanny job Monday, Tuesday, and half day Wednesday. The kids had pink eye on Tuesday, so they didn't go to school. We went to story time on Wednesday. There were at least 30 kids under the age of 3 in there - plus all their parents! It was madness. Wednesday I was supposed to have my follow up doctor's appt. The nurse called me 3 times to cancel, reschedule, then cancel again. Every time, I called my babysitters to change the plans for Lucy, then had to call them back. For some reason, I just felt like it was a stressful crazy week. So by the time Thursday rolled around, I was really looking forward to working in the nice, quiet church office.

2. I had probably only been at church for an hour or so when I got this phone call:

A guy called in and said, "I just want to let you know that I was driving by your church on Sunday and someone pulling out of your parking lot flipped me off. If that is the kind of stuff you're teaching your people at that church, it's just not right." He was going on and on, and I had no idea what to say! I just kept saying, "I'm so sorry that happened. I assure you that is not what our church is teaching." And then he spit out this gem: "This just makes me madder than two homos at a GOP convention!" At that point, I started to think Someone is pranking me. I had posted on facebook that morning that I would be working in the church office, so people knew I was there. But I had to keep acting like it wasn't a prank! He finally hung up and I sat there in disbelief wondering if these were the kinds of calls you get in the church office!

About half an hour later, Niki called to see how my morning was going. As I was telling her the above story, she was laughing hysterically. I knew she was laughing way too hard, but she didn't say anything. We started talking about something else, when finally she said, "So you know who that was that called you? It was Brian Howard." Grrrrrr. So there you go, Brian. You've made it into the Saturday 7. And to everyone else - don't get any ideas about making prank phone calls when I work in the office again next week!!!

3. Other than that, working in the church office has been great. I get a lot of questions from people that I have no clue how to answer, but I usually figure it out. And I loved doing the bulletin. I caught a spelling mistake literally seconds before I started printing all 360 bulletins. Whew! That would've been embarrassing! I will say that I'm not a big fan of working 5 days a week. Haha. I know I'm such a baby, but I haven't done that in a long time! It's exhausting! And my house is a disaster.

I'm super fortunate to have lots of people that will watch Lucy for free. And Justin has Fridays off, so that worked out perfectly. But I really missed her. I hate being away from her that long!

4. Lucy's speech kind of took off this week. All of a sudden, she's saying all kinds of new words: dog, off, "there it is," Bob (as in, Bob the Tomato), Bible, and thank you (She says "nom nom" - it means thank you. Haha) Woohoo!

5. This morning, Lucy and I made the trek down to Cascade to visit some friends. We ran into all kinds of traffic, so it took us a full hour to get there. But Lucy did great in the van (thank you, Veggie Tales!) and it was so nice to see Kristy and Karen and their kids again! Of course, on the way home, my van started making weird noises, and we passed another accident where they were loading someone onto a stretcher, so I started having some major anxiety. I am so sick of it! And I hate that I've passed it onto Lucy. :-(

6. Wednesday as we were leaving the library, Lucy wanted to walk by herself down the sidewalk. Just as I let go of her hand and started to walk away, we heard a dog barking at one of the neighboring houses. She freaked out. And ever since then, anytime we see a dog on TV or in a book she tells this whole story (in her language that only I can interpret) about how she saw a dog, and was scared, and doesn't want dogs to get her. She is traumatized! Poor kid. I've been joking lately that she got my anxiety and Justin's OCD and is going to be all hopped up on drugs before she's 10!

7. I got Justin season 7 of "The Office" for his birthday. We've been watching it the past couple of weeks and missing Michael! That show was so much better with him! We also just finished the last season of "30 Rock" on Netflix, so now we're on to season one of "The Big Bang Theory." Thanks, Luke for paying for our Netflix membership! Haha.

Well we're off to use our Logan's gift card. Have a great week, everyone!

Comments

  1. I think my experiance with having kids really opened my eyes to a lot of thing, and I know I never post on here but something has been compelling me to read your blogs.... I really enjoy them, and when you said something about your anxiety it totally triggered me to think... I am diagnosed with depression and anxiety and the more I see my girls in their daily routines the more I notice that I have passed on these trates that I can't stand about myself... hopefully with our knowing we have it we can help them handle it better in their lives :) Thank you for writing these!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment