The Saturday 7

1. Lucy watches her Dora movie every time we're in the van, and in the past couple of weeks, she's actually started to respond to Dora's inane questions. It's so cute. Dora will say "Is this the sticky tape?" And Lucy will respond "Mo." (That means "no.") Dora will keep asking until they finally get to the sticky tape and then Lucy says "Yeah!" And when Backpack says "Yum yum yum. Delicioso!" Lucy says "yum yum yum" too. Haha. As I'm writing this, I'm realizing you probably have to have some knowledge of Dora to understand this at all.

2. Her new words of the week are: star and Grover. She doesn't say either particularly clearly, but I know what she means. Justin and I decided that she inherited our laziness because she only says the first part of words. Dog is "do," star is "sta," off is "o," and so on.

3. Enough about her. Let's talk about me. :-) I worked at church again this week. I didn't have a ton to do besides the bulletin and various tasks Pastor Ken gave me, so I spent a lot of time playing Words with Friends on facebook. It is shameful how long I can play that game without getting sick of it. Seriously. I'm taking the day off from it today because it is such a major time sucker.

4. The people who live across the street from us are a bunch of hooligans. There are like 6 cars parked in their driveway, but I have no idea how many people actually live there. And they are so annoying. Every night at 11:30, they either get home from work or start their car to leave for work. Either way, they sit in their driveway for 15 minutes with the music absolutely blaring. We are in our bedroom at the back of the house, across the street, and up the hill from them, but it is loud in our house. Yesterday, they sat in their driveway playing music all.day.long. We were seriously ready to call the cops on them. But I don't know if that's actually going to help anything. It's just going to make them hate us. Ugh.

5. So Valentine's Day was this week. We didn't do anything too special. We never do, simply because we're always broke. This year, Justin bought himself some ice fishing equipment, and I just asked for Dove chocolates with caramel in them. We went to Qdoba Tuesday night, kissed in front of the register, and got our meals buy one, get one free. Lucy, however, got totally spoiled. We got her an Elmo book and Elmo stickers. My parents got her an Elmo valentine, Elmo stickers, other stickers, suckers, cookies, and a balloon. Aunt Niki got her Elmo stickers, other stickers, suckers, goldfish, a bouncy ball, and a Dora card (with stickers). I don't remember getting anything as a kid for Valentine's Day! Haha.

6. On Thursday at church, Pastor Chris and I got to talking about grace and works and my struggle to find a balance between the two. He ran down to his office and brought me a book to read that is supposed to completely change my perspective. (It's called Trust in the Age of Arrogance by C. FitzSimons Allison.) I asked him if I was going to be smart enough for it, and he insisted that I don't give myself enough credit in the "smart department." I don't know, though. I started it yesterday and I'm already pretty confused. Anyway, he told me to finish it in two weeks and write a report on it! Haha. I feel like I'm in school again . . . I love it! I'm sure you'll see the report here as well. :-)

7. I've been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to think of a 7th thing to write about, so I'm just going to sum up my church experience. I really enjoyed it. I loved sitting in my quiet, warm office doing my tasks by myself. It was such a nice change from chasing after rambunctious kids all day. And I actually made more per hour at church than I do at the nanny job I've been doing for 5 years. :-(  Since my pay/hour cut, I've been thinking about finding a different job. But as nice as the church job was, it only reiterated to me that at the end of the day, being with Lucy is more important to me than the extra dollar an hour. That said, to any of the Pastors who might be reading this, I'm totally not opposed to helping out again part-time in the future! ;-)

Comments