New Favorites!

I have a new favorite blog: PlainChicken. If you're my friend on Pinterest, you've noticed all the new recipes I've posted from it lately. I just love that it's real food. There aren't a ton of ridiculous spices or strange vegetables. Just some good normal food!

Anyway, this is a recipe from her site. I actually combined a couple of her recipes for my version. Here's her original recipe. I'll elaborate on my changes at the end.

(Picture from plainchicken.com)

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1-2 cups heavy whipping cream (or half 1% milk and half whipping cream)
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.

I realized while I was making this that I didn't have enough whipping cream. So I made the sauce from this recipe instead. (Also from the plainchicken blog.) And I didn't add the green onion or basil just because we don't like them. 

It was so delicious! It tasted very similar to the cajun chicken alfredo I get at Red Lobster. Oh, and for the record, I was nervous about buying and using Cajun seasoning. I though it'd be super expensive or strong tasting. It was neither! I found a brand that was on sale at Meijer this week for $1.35. And while I used slightly less than 2 tbsp, it had just the right amount of punch - not too spicy. 

Stay tuned for more yummy recipes from my new favorite blog. I made another good one tonight that I'll probably save for the Saturday 7. :-)

Comments

  1. You don't like basil?!

    I wish more recipes were normal food... I'm going to check out that blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment