The Saturday 7

1. I only had to work 2 days this week. I had big plans to clean and organize my house on my days off. But then the opportunity arose to hang out with friends instead! :-) We spent Wednesday afternoon at Becky's house, and all day Thursday with Kelly and Presley. So much fun! And it just reiterates the need to have a second baby. Lucy played so nicely with her friends. She needs a playmate!

2. Speaking of second baby . . . I had my follow up appt with my doctor this week. It was actually really stupid. I drove allll the way down to Grandville expecting a physical, and all we did was chat! I wanted to say, "Do you realize how far of a drive this is for me? Couldn't we just have done this over the phone?" Haha. I left the office singing that country song, "Did I shave my legs for this?" Anyway, it was a good chat. She said nothing concerning showed up in the testing and there's no reason to think I'll miscarry again. But just to be safe, next time I'm pregnant she'll monitor my levels from the beginning and get me in for an early ultrasound! So happy about that.

3. Lucy learned too many new words this week to remember. She's really on a roll. One funny new quirk though is her meanness toward Lola. Haha. No matter what Lola does, Lucy shouts "No!" at her. It's hilarious. Poor, abused kitty.

4. So I got the idea in my head this week that I was going to make beer bread. I found a recipe on pinterest and wanted to try it. Of course the day I tried to buy a single can of beer at the grocery store I lost my license and looked like an idiot. Haha. But when I did finally get some, I made some delicious bread! It was just as good as Tastefully Simple's and about a quarter of the price! Here's the recipe if you want to try it for yourself:

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted

Method:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed.  (I recommend popping your honey in the microwave for a few seconds beforehand to make it easier to stir in!)
Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately.

5. I'm almost done with that book from Pastor Chris (Trust in an Age of Arrogance). Wowza. It is hurting my brain. I honestly don't understand a lot of it, but there are a few chapters that were very eye opening and interesting. I'll probably summarize what I learned in a future post.

6. Last night, Justin played basketball in an alumni vs. varsity game at Algoma (our high school). It was so much fun to watch him play again. And it was fun to see him playing with some of the guys he played with back in the day. It's amazing to think it's been almost 10 years since we graduated. I need to get working on a 10 year reunion!

7. Lucy found the photo album I made of my pregnancy with her. She loves to look at it and say "mama" every time she turns the page and finds another picture of me. Haha. I sat down and looked at it with her the other day, and found myself getting so excited to be pregnant again. You'd think I'd be terrified of ruining my poor body again. (Haha - let's see how many more views we can get of those awful stomach pictures.) But I loved it so much. I can't wait to do it again. :-)

Comments

  1. Oh my word - THAT PICTURE....WOWWWWWWW! I enjoy reading your entries each week. :) -Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment