The Saturday 7

Our Internet is fixed, so I'm actually writing this from the comfort of my own home! Woohoo!

1. Justin ran his first 15k today. It's in Kent City, and the course actually went right by my parents' house, so Lucy and I went to cheer him on. He did so well! He got 2nd place in his age group!


2. Last Friday, Lucy fell off the non-moving treadmill and really hurt something. She's been limping ever since! I took her to the doctor on Monday. She felt her ankles, knees, hips, and everything in between and said nothing's broken or out of place. But yesterday and today she's been limping even worse than before! I can't decide if she's just being a faker or what!

3. My dad came over and tilled me a garden plot on Saturday! I've never been very interested in gardening because it seems kind of overwhelming, but suddenly I have the desire to do it! We'll see how thrilled I am when I have to weed it all the time. It's just a small plot, though. Hopefully I can handle it! Haha.

4. Lucy and I got our first spring colds this week. I had to work late Monday and Tuesday and was absolutely miserable. On Tuesday night, I went to bed at 9:00 and fell right to sleep! That's unheard of for me! We're both feeling much better already, though. Thank goodness!

5. We had another gorgeous week with record breaking temperatures in the 80s. I had to dig out Lucy's summer clothes and search all over the place for the sunscreen! We also gave in and turned on our AC. It got to 80* in our house! That's just too hot for poor Lucy. Hopefully we can make it through the rest of March without using our AC or heat! That'd be great!

6. Lucy absolutely adored being outside so much. One day, we were playing outside when Lola came running from the bushes with something in her mouth. I figured she caught a mouse and wasn't too concerned. I can handle a dead mouse. I was a little more concerned when she dropped a live mole at my feet! It took off running, and I started jumping around screaming, "It's alive!" while poor Lucy looked on in terror. I grabbed her with one arm, chucked her in the house, and followed closely behind her, yelling at Lola to "catch that stupid thing and get it out of here!!" She killed it and left it for dead in the garage. I made Justin clean it up. Haha.

7. Lucy has a couple new words that I absolutely love. She has finally started calling her binky something. She calls it a "bee" - which I love because that's what Libby and my nephews called it. (I only call it a binky, so it's funny that she picked up "bee" on her own like they did.) The problem is she asks for it allll the time now. Getting rid of that thing is going to be terrrrrrrible.

She also started saying, "library" this week! That's my girl!!! :-)

Comments

  1. Maybe she's just bruised/sore? Poor girl!

    Hurray for a garden!! My advice: Only choose a few different things to plant -- like only 2-4.
    My first couple years I tried to do way too many different things, and got frustrated. So something like beans, carrots, and zucchini are great ones to start with. :)

    Abby's loved being outside too! We have a small, fully enclosed deck off the dining room that she just plays and plays on... and cries when it's time to come inside. She really freaked out Friday and Saturday when I wouldn't let her go out at all because it was raining!

    Library. Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Lu! I hope she feels better soon! I bet she just bruised/pulled something.

    I second Carrie's suggestion for your garden. This year I think I'm just doing zucchini/squash, tomatoes, lettuce/spinach, and potatoes. The other things we've grown either don't grow well or don't get used.

    Love your mole story :P Orion and the cats have all enjoyed being outside too.

    We did cold turkey with the paci! May be a couple of rough days, but she'll get over it quickly. I think. ;)

    (as a side note... where on earth did the phrase "quit cold turkey come from?!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment