The Saturday 7

1.I'm posting this today because I'm at Niki's with Internet. Our Internet has not been working since last Saturday. *sob* I seriously don't know what to do with myself. I've been wandering around the house aimlessly. :-( Haha. Not really. I actually have been getting a lot accomplished around my house. The worst is at night when Lucy is in bed. It's always my routine to sit down with my TV shows and some puttering around online.  Luke is working on fixing our problem, but it might take a while. Ahhhh!!!!

2. One of our fun activities this week was popsicle stick sorting:

I bought some popsicle sticks at the dollar store to make these prayer sticks.

Lucy loved taking them in and out of the cup. We even did some color sorting. I pulled out a couple purple ones and showed them to her, then said, "Can you find the other purple ones?" She did great finding all the colors! Whew! She's not color blind!

3. On Wednesday this week, Niki and I went to a bone marrow "donor drive." One of the families she babysits for was putting it on for their dad who needs a bone marrow transplant. My friend Missy gave bone marrow a year ago and said it was not a big deal. I've always heard it's super painful. But she assured me it's not, so Niki and I went and swabbed our mouths and got put on the registry! The lady who was running it said she's been on the registry for 15 years and has never been called. But Missy was on it for like 3 months before she was matched with someone. So we'll see!

4. The weather this week was absolutely amazing. I seriously can't even express my joy over how wonderful it's been. We had a very mild winter, but cold is cold no matter how much snow we got (or didn't get). I was getting reeeeeal sick of it. So I've been practically skipping this week when the 70s and 80s rolled in!!! We spent all day outside Wednesday and I actually got a little sunburn on my nose! It's a good thing I'm getting an early start on my tan this year because . . .

5. There's going to be a wedding this summer!! My baby sister, Libby, is getting married!! She got engaged on Thursday and we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden afterward. So exciting!!! We all knew about the impending engagement and have been keeping it a secret for what seems like forever!!! So glad it's out in the open now. Haha. It's really time to get in shape for a bridesmaid dress!

6. We've been having some major car trouble. My van shakes like it's about to blow up every time you drive over about 60 mph. We finally took it in to the shop on Monday. They replaced a tire ($100), and said I need a new ball joint, but didn't have time to replace it before I needed the van back. (Estimate: $215). Ugh. W e honestly can't even pay our bills every month. There is no money for extras!!! And now Justin's car is freaking out too. I can't remember exactly what - something with the oil. God will provide. He always does!

7. Good news: I've been doing so well with giving up Dr Pepper! I had two 32 oz. fountain pops on Saturday and one 32 oz. on Sunday in preparation of giving it up. Hahaha. On Wednesday, I had a little bit left at work, so I poured it into a glass, but it was so flat it wasn't even worth it. So other than the couple sips I took that day, I haven't had any since Sunday! Woohoo! And it hasn't been terribly bad. It was hard ordering water at Olive Garden last night. Restaurant pop is the best.

I honestly miss the fizz more than anything. So I bought some sparkling water. But it doesn't taste too good on its own, so I decided to mix it with Crystal Light. (The Meijer brand is 0 calories!) But it doesn't mix right with fizzy water, so I actually do about 1/3 of regular water, mix it up, then add the fizzy water.  I'm so tricksty. :-) And I bought myself a sweet new cup with a straw. I'll drink pretty much anything with a straw!

Well that's it for this week! Have a good one!

Comments

  1. This is what I drink. It's 0 everything but has the carbonation factor, so my mind thinks I'm drinking pop.

    http://www.meijergroceryexpress.com/catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=4125007203

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment