It's A . . .

Yesterday was the much awaited ultrasound! My appointment wasn't until 2:45 in the afternoon, so I had plenty of time to work up a good bunch of nerves. Haha. I honestly wasn't that worried we'd find anything wrong with the baby. I've had 3 ultrasounds already where we saw arms and legs, a healthy heart, closed nuchal tube, etc. But I wouldn't be me if I wasn't nervous. :-)

Finally I filled my bladder to the brim with Dr Pepper and headed off to the doctor's office. Fortunately, we got right in. The tech said, "You did a great job filling your bladder!" Haha. She looked at a couple things, then said, "Do you want to know the sex?" I responded with an emphatic yes and she said, "It's a girl!" The first thing out of my mouth was, "Yes! I was right!" Haha.

We had an awesome tech. She spent lots of time showing us everything and was great about explaining it all and reassuring us every step of the way that everything was perfect and healthy. She even said we had the most photogenic, well-behaved baby of the day. Lol. Well, of course! We raise angel children. ;-) She was so thrilled with how well the baby was cooperating that she printed off a ton of pictures for us.



The ultrasound is the most amazing experience. My doctor's office doesn't do 3D unless there's a medical reason, but I was amazed how much I could make out even in 2D. When the tech was looking at the mouth and nose, it was so clear! And the baby was definitely doing the Lucy scowl. :-) Of course there are times when the tech points things out and I have no idea what she's talking about. Haha. But for the most part, it was super clear. It's the weirdest thing to think that there's really a baby inside of me. Haha. Sometimes I get wrapped up in the pregnancy part and forget the reason I'm doing this. The ultrasound was an incredible reminder. And as much fun as I think it'd be to be surprised in the delivery room (and I'll consider it for the next baby), knowing that I'm having a girl makes it so much more real to me. So so excited!

Anyway, after the ultrasound I was feeling so relieved, but so anxious to spread the news to everyone I know! Unfortunately, we had to wait forever to see the doctor. It's so dumb. She comes in the room, asks me about my family (my sisters are both patients of hers, too), flips through the ultrasound report and says, "Everything looks great! See you in 4 weeks!" Ridiculous. Oh, she did say the baby is measuring in the 86th percentile. Lol. Lovely. Another big one. Apparently, I don't have dainty little girls.

We were thrilled to finally be able to share the news with everyone. My mom said, "I already have a stack of clothes set out." (She works in the back room at Once Upon a Child) Haha. In theory, we have bins and bins and bins of clothes for this baby to wear, but I know that's not going to stop people from buying her more! :-)

Lucy didn't have a reaction. I don't think she really knows what's going on. Haha. But she posed for this picture with me:
She's wearing her "Big Sister" shirt, but it's hidden by the chalkboard. 
I'm so happy that Lucy will have a sister. Sisters are the best thing ever. :-)

Now we just have to think of a name. Oh boy. (Err, I mean - oh, girl!)

Comments

  1. YES!!! Sisters are the BEST thing ever!!! so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when techs tell you what they're looking at. With Abby our tech barely told us anything, but with Ellie we had an awesome tech!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment