The Saturday 7

What a week!

1. I am still miserably sick. I just don't think it should be legal to be pregnant and sick at the same time. Haha. I need a pass from life until I can kick this cough. Really, though, I have to thank God for the energy he's given me. I had lots of kids to watch all week and despite being up for hours every night hacking, I was still able to get up at 7 and take care of all the kids without feeling like I was going to fall over from exhaustion. By Friday it was hitting me pretty hard, but I only had Lucy and RJ, and they both took good naps, so I was able to rest for a little bit. Whew! I've been coughing for 9 days now. It has to be about done, right???

2. To add to my exhaustion, Justin went on a business trip Wednesday through Friday, so I was single-momming it! It actually went really well. Lucy and I had lots of fun together. We listened to a lot of Christmas music, made cookies and French toast (complete with dropping an egg on the floor and making a huge mess!), and drank tea together on the couch. (I gave her apple juice, warm water, and honey in one of my mugs and she felt like hot stuff!) And I did a very good job of not freaking myself out about being home alone overnight. Haha. It helped that I was sick and miserable and didn't even care if anyone broke in - I just wanted to sleep.

3. Thursday night, Kelly and Presley came over to keep us company. The 4 of us polished off an entire Little Caesar's pizza. Haha. Kelly's pregnant too, and our little girls can pack it away!! I'm so so grateful for our friendship. We went to school together since like 3rd grade, but didn't always get along the best. Haha. About 5 years ago, we re-ignited our friendship. We've each lost a baby or two, had our girls 5 weeks apart, and now are pregnant again (4 weeks apart this time) - both with girls again. We live literally 2 miles apart and love watching our girls play and grow up together. Thursday night, we threw them in the bath together. They were soooo adorable. Before they even got in the tub, they took off running through my house buck naked, screaming and laughing hysterically together. Love the memories they're making. :-) (And the embarrassing pictures we're getting . . .)

4. Well I did my civic duty and voted on Tuesday - a lot of good it did. I was actually pretty shocked by the outcome of the presidential election. Hasn't our country gone down the tubes over the past 4 years with unemployment and gas prices, etc, etc? Aren't people horribly dissatisfied with Obama? Do people just hate Romney that much that they're willing to stick it out with Obama for another 4 years? I honestly am very ignorant about all things politics. I'll willingly admit that I'm a one-issue voter. One year, I decided to look at the issues and try to decide which candidate I aligned with rather than just vote for the republican candidate. But I couldn't get past the abortion issue. It's more than just a religious conviction for me. It's a moral thing. I seriously can't fathom how people can be ok with it. I came across this article a couple days ago. I don't know if the woman who wrote it is a Christian. The article doesn't really reference religion. It just talks about how her view changed from pro-choice to pro-life. It makes so much sense to me. I'm not looking to start a debate. Just stating that I was sad with the outcome of the election for this reason more than anything.

5. Lucy has been cracking me up with the cute things she says lately. I've actually started to write them down so I don't forget. I wrote a couple on facebook, but here are some more:

I've started watching a 3 year old boy once in a while. He and Lucy were talking over lunch the other day. All I heard was Harlo say, "How do you know?" to which Lucy responded sincerely, "Me know everything!"  Haha.

One day last week Lucy was putting one of her diapers on her baby. Justin asked her if the baby needed 2 diapers and Lucy replied, "No, Daddy! Baby have very small buns!" Haha. I think she gets that from me telling her she doesn't need to use so much toilet paper because she has very small buns. [Becky - I always think of you when I tell her that. ;-)]

Last night, after Justin got home from his business trip, we were putting Lucy to bed and he asked her if she had missed him. She answered, "Me thought you died!" Lol. He leaves for 3 days and she thinks he's dead. (We called him multiple times and talked all the time about where he was, so I don't think she really thought that. She was just being silly.)

6. Ok, this is really long and I can't think of 2 more so I'm just going to end with this: Next week is collection week for Operation Christmas Child. We do it every year and love it! Go to the dollar store, buy some goodies for little kids around the world who don't get Christmas presents, and throw them in a shoebox! You know you want to!

Comments

  1. Wow, you are super mom for being pregnant, sick, and watching lots of kids all week! I hope you feel better fast!

    I'm a one issue voter too... same issue.

    HA, Lulu is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment