Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Saturday 7

1. I need to record that for the first time this week, Lucy correctly identified all 26 letters of the alphabet on her flashcards. At almost exactly 2.5 years old. Go Lucy! What do I need to teach her next? The lowercase letters? The sounds the letters make?

2. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. My doctor is on vacation, so I saw the P.A. Isn't it horrible that I got more information out of the P.A. than I ever get from my doctor? And I got right in and out. Usually I wait at least an hour. The morning I was there, I was feeling soooo dizzy. I asked the P.A. about it and she said I'm probably just dehydrated and need to drink more. As the day went on, though, it got worse and worse. I was so annoyed because Justin and I had arranged someone to watch Lucy and had big plans to go out to eat and do some Christmas shopping. Eventually I realized I was having Paxil withdrawals, which I already wrote about in my 31 weeks entry. It was not fun. I sat in Logan's commanding myself not to pass out, eating as fast as I could so I could get out of there without making a scene. Haha. We did do our shopping, but I was kind of in a fog the whole time. Such a pain. The good news is, it only took one dose once I finally got my refill to start feeling much better!! Lesson learned - give myself plenty of time to get a refill in case the pharmacy and my doctor's office can't get their acts together!

3. Thanksgiving was wonderful as usual. I got off easy and only had to make green bean casserole and pickle wraps. Justin helped me with the pickle wraps and we made about 500 in an hour (that may be an exaggeration, but it felt like a lot! Haha). I ran to Meijer that morning because they had Dr Pepper 2 liters on sale for 69 cents! Then we spent the rest of the day at my parents'. We had so much amazing food. I was really wishing this baby didn't take up so much room in my belly! We played cards, perused the Black Friday ads, talked and laughed a ton. I live for days like that.

4 - 5. And then came the Black Friday shopping extravaganza! I wasn't sure how much I'd be able to handle this year, but Wal-Mart was opening at 8 and Niki had a bunch of stuff she wanted to get so I decided just to go along and be an extra set of hands. She wanted a 32" TV that was on sale for super cheap, so I sat in that line in the frozen food aisle all night while she fought her way through the crazies for the other stuff on her list. I really do understand how people get trampled and die. It's actually quite scary. I didn't see much beyond the frozen quesadillas, but I heard people screaming and Niki recounted the story a few times of people jumping onto skids, throwing punches, trampling little kids, and all out brawling for what they wanted. The things we do for a deal!

My belly and I stayed far away from the brawling. It was hilarious to see the people pointing and staring at me, though. My mom said I should get a t-shirt that says, "You think I'm big? I still have 2 months to go!" Lol. The best part was that I totally saw the girl I dressed up as for Halloween. She was largely pregnant, wearing sweatpants and a dirty tank top with a leopard print bra hanging out. She had her cell phone tucked into the side of her bra and tattoos peeking out from underneath her poor over-worked shirt. It was hilarious!

After escaping Wal-Mart with our lives and our goods, we ran to Target. They had already been open for a couple hours by the time we got there, so we didn't think they'd have what we wanted - but we were pleasantly surprised! And we timed it perfectly because our friend Becky had been standing in line for an hour and was almost to the front by the time we got our stuff. We tossed it to her and had her check it out, so we didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes! Thanks, Becky!!

We ran to Kohl's and got our $3 pillows, then decided to go home and sleep for a while. I got a good 6 hours of sleep before heading back out to the mall for some more deals. I did amazingly well. I sat a lot, didn't carry anything heavy, and walked slowly. I'm definitely sore today, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Thanks to Mom and Niki for dropping me off at the door, carrying huge armloads of stuff, and doing all the hard work so I could come along for an easy ride. :-)

6. We're absolutely broke this year (story of our lives), so we're only buying presents for Lucy. I wasn't really going to buy her that much because she gets hugely spoiled by her grandparents and aunts and uncles, but I keep finding all this stuff I know she'd love! Plus I'm getting awesome deals and hardly spending any money. Haha. The one thing she actually really wants is a Dream Lite. And she's very specific that she wants the turtle. Of course that's the one thing that has not gone on sale at all this year. It's $30 everywhere. So I was so excited to find a Groupon for Toys R Us - pay $10, get $20 worth of merchandise. When I bought it, I realized I had a $10 credit on my account, so I got it completely free! If I can find the turtle there, it'll only end up costing me $10! Woohoo! Here's hoping!

7. When I got home from shopping last night, Justin said Lucy had been complaining that her eye hurt all day. It was red and irritated. She woke up in the middle of the night crying that it hurt. And when she woke up this morning, it looked like this:

I can't find a sty. But I don't think it's pink eye. It's not oozing or anything. Her whole eyelid is red and swollen. Any ideas? Suggestions? She's been crying all morning that it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It