M is for Mermaid, Muffins, Marble Painting, and Mess!

I was feeling super inspired this week, so we had lots of fun with M. 

First up, was fingerprint mermaids. Lucy loves The Little Mermaid, so I thought she'd be thrilled with this craft. I got the idea from Pinterest, but the link is no longer active, so I just figured it out based on the picture.  

First we painted Lucy's hand and stamped it on the paper to be the mermaid's hair. Then I drew on a body/tail. (I'm no artist. It looked pretty awful.) Finally, she fingerprinted some scales on.


I'm not actually a big fan of handprint/fingerprint crafts so we almost never do them. Lucy was thrilled that I let her dip her fingers in paint, and got a little carried away.

Mostly, it just ended up being a big mess!

We checked out the book If You Give a Moose a Muffin from the library, then made our own muffins. We used this recipe since I'm obsessed with all things peanut butter/chocolate. 



And finally, we did some marble painting. First we found a disposable container with high walls and cut out a piece of paper to fit in the bottom.
I put one piece of tape under the paper so it'd stay in place.
Then we taped an M on the paper with painter's tape.

We filled a couple bowls with paint, and dropped some marbles in.

Lucy loved using the plastic spoon to drop the marbles in the container.

Twirl it, swirl it.

Starting to look pretty cool!

We let it dry, then peeled the tape off. Voila!

Comments