13 Weeks



Baby is the size of a peach this week.

How Far Along? 13 weeks
Total Weight Loss/Gain: Idk - Dr. appt on Thursday
Maternity Clothes? No, but I'm pretty sure they're in my near future. I tried on my regular shorts this week after a few weeks of cool weather. I couldn't even get them zipped. Oy.
Sleep: Not great. It takes me forever to fall asleep no matter how tired I am.
Best Moment This Week: Making it to the second trimester?
Movement: Not that I can feel.
Food Cravings: Fruit, cold stuff, fizzy drinks.
Food Aversions: Most of today everything has sounded awful. The nausea is still coming and going. On a good day, no aversions. On a bad day, I pretty much subsist on fruit and crackers.
Gender: It's a mystery . . .
Labor Signs: None
What I Miss: Feeling good. Being able to walk and move and be the slightest bit active without worrying about my SCH.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Finding out gender, feeling better.
Milestones: Some of what I've read said the first trimester doesn't end until 14 weeks, but I'm saying 13 weeks is 2nd trimester. Time to start feeling consistently good and getting my energy back.

Also, my sciatic pain started this week. It's not excruciating yet. Just annoying.

We attempted to go camping this weekend for Labor Day. I didn't really want to go and was nervous about the toll it would take on my body, but I went anyway. It was kind of a bust. The first night was fine. We got there around 5, had dinner, went swimming, played on the playground, walked up and down the huge hill a few times and walked all around the campground. I slept surprisingly well on the air mattress and the girls let us sleep til 7:30! But by 10:00 that morning, I had started spotting. I knew it would be too much walking for me, too many hills, too much exertion. 

I tried to take it easy the rest of the day. I drove up and down the hill when necessary. I took a nap. I made Justin do all the heavy lifting. And I went home to sleep. But I wanted to try again today. Fail again. I felt sick and achy all day. I was nervous to walk much, even though the spotting had stopped. My stomach was churning, my headache came back, and I was feeling miserable. I made it 'til about 6:00, then threw in the towel and came home to stay. 

Maybe next year . . . although then I'll have a 6 month old . . . maybe the year after that . . .



Comments