16 Weeks

Dressed up for church.

Baby is the size of an avocado this week.

How Far Along? 16 weeks
Total Weight Loss/Gain: I was down a pound at my last appointment. Up 1 lb total.
Maternity Clothes? I've finally given in to maternity jeans. I bought a pair from Target last Monday and have worn them every day since. Haha. I also ordered two more from Kohl's that should be coming soon. A few maternity shirts here and there, but mostly regular.
Sleep: Pretty sure the exhaustion is never going away. I've been having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night, so I tried to go without my afternoon nap one day this week. It was a disaster. I was so tired and ornery all day. I did sleep great that night, but it wasn't enough and I was still exhausted the next day. Missed my nap again today and am not doing well. 
Best Moment This Week: Feeling movement, another ultrasound
Movement: I'm definitely starting to notice the little taps and pops down low. Love it so much, but can't wait for them to become stronger and more obvious.
Food Cravings: Right now, I feel bloated and icky so nothing sounds good. In general, I just want Dr Pepper and restaurant food.
Food Aversions: Nothing specific
Gender: Starting to think boy again. Haha. 20 week ultrasound scheduled for October 26!
Labor Signs: I think I'm starting to have Braxton Hicks. I've been getting that tell-tale tightening when I over-exert myself. Lovely.
What I Miss: Having energy.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Finding out gender, feeling consistent movement.
Milestones: Baby can hear my voice now. 

I read something another pregnant woman said online this week: that she feels like an over-inflated beach ball. That sums up so well how I feel most of the time - like I'm uncomfortably full. I'm also starting to really worry about how big I'm getting. It's manageable and cute right now, but pretty soon it's going to be so painful. I can't possibly get bigger than I did with Lena. Oy.

The good news is I think my sciatic pain is lessening. I definitely still notice it if I walk for a long time or if I turn just right, but it's not nearly as constant as it was before.

A few more ultrasound pictures from Thursday:
Leg/foot
Spine. 
The tech looked around a lot more this time. The baby is finally big enough that she could point out the kidneys, brain, four chambers of the heart, etc. So cool!!

The SCH update as copied from my facebook status:
Guess what's new with the hematoma . . . absolutely nothing! But the baby is measuring bigger than average (imagine that), my placenta looks good, and I'm not a pre-term labor risk, so I don't have to go back for another month. And we'll be able to find out the sex by then! Woohoo! Heart rate was 139 this time. I don't think it was ever lower than 140 with the girls.





Comments